Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dreamed a dream in time gone by.....

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

The dream is to get on the West End/Broadway.
    I'm more of a "singer who moves well" than a triple threat though, and that's my problem.

That's the dream dream. As for what's going to actually happen...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Fad wrote: »
    I am afraid that I am going to have to end you :(

And here I was hoping you'd say a few words at the ceremony..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

And here I was hoping you'd say a few words at the ceremony..

I'll be the one who interrupts the ceremony and steals Jesse for myself >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Be a soldier for as long as I'm happy to keep doing that.
    Leave the service safe and healthy.
    Have a nice old house to spend my free time living in and someone to share it with.
    Have a beautiful old sports car as my recreational drive.
    Find some stunning places to walk and shoot.
    Represent Ireland at Olympic level.
    Complete an Iron Man triathlon.
    I'd love to fly fighters, but that's just not possible, which is a shame. If it were, I'd rather that than ordinary soldiering. As is, I'll finish college in two years and attempt to enter the Defence Forces as an officer. In the event that that is unsuccessful, I'll possibly end up in the British Army or the Royal Marines. The core component to the good life is a fulfilling employment, as it's the single biggest part of your life bar perhaps sleeping. So if you have a very good job and a very good bed, you've feck all to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

I would like to be a doctor when i grow up and i know its been said about a million and two times but i want to help people....
    Plus [cough]it could pay well[cough]:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

The dreams are:
    1. Get a published book.
    2. Write poems worth reading.
    2.5. Finish the series of poems I've been writing.
    3. Make an album worth listening to. Ignoring the fact I've no musical talent.
    4. Change something for the better.
    5. Find happiness in my life again.
    6. Find people to share that happiness with.
    6.5 Find yourself a girl, and settle down...
    7. Have a successful career in my life.

0. Make it so that when I die, someone will look back at something that I've done, no matter what that was, and be thankful for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Get a masters then a doctorate in Mathematics. Get a job of some description that provides reasonable discretionary income. Find someone special. Have kids. Be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Ideally?

1. Study Medicine and become a great doctor. Not even the kind that makes breakthrough discoveries etc (though that would be a perk) but the kind that listens to his patients and tries to make them laugh at what could be the worst time in their lives. And in tandem with that, enjoy going to work everyday. I genuinely don't give a flying..eh... fudge about the money. I just want to do a job I love with people every day, even if it pays peanuts.

2. What puts me off Medicine the most. Find someone I love and who loves me- right now settle down with someone I've found already (you said dream right?!). I'm trying to be rational, I know it probably won't work, so I just hope the future has happiness :pac:

3. To have true, honest, brilliant friends. That they would be there for me, understand the demands of being a doctor...but realise that whenever it is humanly possible that I can be there, I will. I know how hard it is to keep personal relationships healthy as a doctor. Sort of scares me.

4. Second to anything above, live in a place I can really call home. I've lived in houses, but I want to live in a home. Somewhere I love to come to at the end of the day- preferably in/near the city. Maybe in another country.

5. To travel and see the world.
    6. To actually stick with a musical instrument and learn one. Maybe at college when I've some time.
    7. To know myself.
    8. To not die alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

"Everyone dies alone. That's what it is. It's a door. It's one person wide. When you go through it, you do it alone. But it doesn't mean you've got to be alone before you go through the door. And believe me, you aren't alone on the other side."
    — Jim Butcher (Dead Beat)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Become a Psychologist, travel, foster some kids. There are a few more objectives but if I accomplished these three sucessfully I'd be a happy lady!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Become a Psychologist, travel, foster some kids. There are a few more objectives but if I accomplished these three sucessfully I'd be a happy lady!

I REALLY want to foster some kids too. I'd feel guilty about contributing to the worlds population without helping some of the exsisting young 'uns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I really don't have any big dreams or aims at the moment. Haven't a clue what I want to do job wise any more seeing as the one I wanted didn't work out. Although I think owning my own bakery/cake shop would be rather lovely. Really not expecting anything to come from that though.

I guess just generally being happy would be a big dream, to try and not have any regrets, try do my best at everything, and be happy and content with my choices.

I also want to travel, lots, at least a year. I want to be in at least 3 countries in every continent (Those with more than 3 countries obviously), I always want to visit every country in Europe. I don't want to do the usual touristy bullsh*t, some of that yeah, but I want to see what the countries are actually like, get to know locals, try new things. I don't want to spend a ton of money to go somewhere and do something I could do here.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

illiop wrote: »
    I REALLY want to foster some kids too. I'd feel guilty about contributing to the worlds population without helping some of the exsisting young 'uns.

Exactly!! Plus I think the idea of taking in some kids and giving them a loving home while theire parents are going through a tough time and then being able to give them back and letting the family be whole again is just lovely. Although, I know it probably won't be as fairytale as that but that's the aim!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I always kind of dreamed of going to college doing a subject I love (at the moment Maths or Chemistry but that changes, used be [marine]biology). At college, meet a girl doing the course I'm doing and hit it off. Marry and work together and have a family with at least 2 daughters. Make some scientific discovery and from the money from it, sponser some scholarship which helps get send people to the course I did (looking like Chemistry at the moment). Be a good father and live a long and happy life.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I want my own wiki page.

[More to come later]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    To have a pet dinosaur.
    To own an island near Fiji.
    To go shopping with Marie Antoinette.
    To grow a bit more.
    To make a scientific discovery.
    To direct a Shakespeare play.
    To beat The Stig in a drag race.
    To have dinner with Nelson Mandela, Mary Magdaline and Cleopatra.
    To marry Spiderman.
    To get my degree and a masters in Education =D

(Again, dreams arent meant to be realistic :rolleyes:)

Scratch all that, I just wanna pass my repeat physics exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

..I want a pet Koala.
    They're so cute.

And a big house that seems like its in the middle of nowhere, but its not, its in a village with a lot of things to do so my Family [Preferably 3 girls, 'cos boys fight to much, I would know -_-] wont be bored! :P

Hopefully going to get a college course Business related [PR and Communcations <3] and work the way up after that into something events related [Aiken/MCD - something along those lines].

Oh I want a pool too. And a house is Australia for when I get bored, so I can bring my Koala to visit its mammy. :P

Hmm.. What else. I suppose to be healthy and happy fits in here!

I'd like to record a song [which will never happen :pac:], but it would be quite fun! :) I'd also like to be able to provide for the parents when they're older to repay them for all they've done for me! :pac:

I'm sure I'll have more, but can't think of 'em now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

deise_girl wrote: »
    I want my own wiki page.[citation needed]

[More to come later]

FYP :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

deise_girl wrote: »
    I[who?] want my own[1][2] wiki page.[citation needed]
    fyp even further tbh.

Oh, and actually, here's another one.

8. Get out of this town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

My dream is to start a band.All I want to do is play with other people in front of a crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Colm! wrote: »
    8. Get out of this town.

As someone living in Wexford I completely endorse this attitude.

I'd love to leave the country tbh, Canada or the US seem nice, but since I'm here for at least another 3 years no point considering that :P.
    For now I just can't wait for college to start again so I can go back to living in Dublin.

Also I'm hoping by next summer there are jobs everywhere so I can get one in Dublin, and cheap apartments, and the job would be easy and high paying, and not require previous experience or a degree... That might happen right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I someday hope to be thrown off a golf course for causing a massive scene...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

if i ever had a dream, i'd just be depressed when it never came through. i have no aims or goals whatsoever, which is sad i know but thats just the way i am.

I've been thinking a little more about this and although I still try not to have any dreams in case they never come through and depress me, I'm trying to be a little bit more optimistic about the future than I was before.

One thing I do want to do is travel a lot. I don't know if I'll ever have the money or the time (or a willing travel companion that also has the money and the time) but there are many places I want to see. I wanna visit at least one country in every continent. I was making a list the other night of 10 cities I want to see before I die. That turned into 25 cities. Which then turned into 60 cities! If I get to see 10 of them, I'll be doing well but hopefully to get to some of them someday.

Apart from that, I guess all I want from the future is to stay healthy, have a relatively painless death and hopefully look back on life and be proud of something that I achieved. I just wish I knew if I'm ever going to achieve anything worth being proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

To be happy and healthy and for my family to happy and healthy aswell.. illnesses scare me..

To get into a career I love and enjoy. Something that I dont dread getting up to in the morning..

To have enough money to be comfortable and so I can go shopping without looking at price tags :D

To have a nice home, on the edge of a town or in a village with a friendly community and a GAA club :)

To live with someone I love and someone who loves me back and to have 2children.. a girl and a boy.. maybe 3 children...

To have a nice garden! where I can have pretty flowers! :)

To meet Tom Hanks and to say hi to him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I'd love to do something with the band...I mean something meaningful, rather than slumming it in pubs and clubs forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

My dream is to create something worthwhile that people will enjoy like an album or a film. I'd also love to work doing something I love like a musician or maybe in film or something.

Advertisement