Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sakuraba v Ralek Gracie - Dream 14

• 29-05-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

This is not the full fight!!!

Footage of the last 2 mins of the last round starts at about 4 mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_TFpZcDiak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Moved from SD/MA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

yomchi wrote: »
    Moved from SD/MA :)

Taking out the trash eh!!... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Watching it live it was a bit weird.
    Ralek was winning all three rounds IMO but it was still unfair for Sakuraba what happened.

What are the actual rules about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

WTF was going on there with the ref? I had no sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I'm also confused about what was going on during that flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Ralek's shorts were apparently coming down so the ref tried to pull them up while also trying to not move them. He failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

I thought it was that Saku's foot got caught in Ralek's shorts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finally got the full event in english , so ill take a 2nd look. Be interesting to see what they say too about the ref kneeing Lopez in the face when he jumped in to stop the fight :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Stuffy

The knee was very unfortunate but alot of Japanese referee's have not got a clue really, i've seen too many instances where the line needs to be drawn on training them properly.

That cage is horrible, a padded cushion covering a metal plate running along the bottom and that fence would literally tear the skin off you. Canvas is like a brick aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Best bit of Dream 14 ........ Shinya Aoki vs Tatsuya Kawajiri announced for Dream 15 !!!! Interesting as both have loses to Melendez but a fight to mark in your diary for sure!!!!!!

Edit: Kawajiri always reminds me of a Japanese GSP in terms of his looks, or should that be GSP reminds me of a canadian Kawajiri lol

Overeem and Mousasi on the card also , not sure who they have linded up for them as yet but one of the cards of the year with those names tagged to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

calex71 wrote: »
    Best bit of Dream 14 ........ Shinya Aoki vs Tatsuya Kawajiri announced for Dream 15 !!!! Interesting as both have loses to Melendez but a fight to mark in your diary for sure!!!!!!

Edit: Kawajiri always reminds me of a Japanese GSP in terms of his looks, or should that be GSP reminds me of a canadian Kawajiri lol

It was great how the wheeled them out to try "hype" the fight.

Kawajiri: "I have a good relationship with Aoki, i can't wait to fight, i would like to thank my mother, father, cousins and stuff. Dream is awesome, i watch it whenever Scooby Doo isn't on and................ *20 mins later*..... i had eggs for breakfast but there was no bacon. Anyway, over to Shinya

Aoki: "ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" *drops mic*

Brilliant! :pac:

Advertisement