Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walsh's pub(?) in Fairview.

Options
  • 29-05-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone know anything about what appears to be an old pub called Walsh's on Fairview Strand, It doesn't appear to be open, but the facade seems to be well cared for.

Just curious. It looks like it was a nice pub.

It's somewhere behind the trees in the photo.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

matlock wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering does anyone know anything about what appears to be an old pub called Walsh's on Fairview Strand, It doesn't appear to be open, but the facade seems to be well cared for.

I think that was just a shop in days gone by; it never appeared pub like to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Behind the trees, there's a good few tree's in that photo, also considering the richmond road splits in two and the second one goes through a pub car park...

From walking to the centra in fairview there is one pub I remember that might fit the description of an old pub and it's open or at least the random old people that stand outside smoking suggest it's open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Mantel wrote: »
    Behind the trees, there's a good few tree's in that photo, also considering the richmond road splits in two and the second one goes through a pub car park...

From walking to the centra in fairview there is one pub I remember that might fit the description of an old pub and it's open or at least the random old people that stand outside smoking suggest it's open.

There is a pub at the corner of Philipsburg Avenue; if that's the one you are thinking off then it's the Fairview Inn/Players Lounge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm going to move this to the Dublin City forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's red and cream, the other side of the road from the old Fairview Inn.
    It always had the look of a sweet shop to me, but I agree it seems well maintained though not operational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Hi,

I always thought that was a shop, must take a closer look next time I pass it..

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Currently being renovated inside, something is going to move in now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Never knew it was a pub.

It was sold recently so that would explain the renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It wasn't and you just said you never knew it was one ???

It was a bog standard small grocery store. The OP of this thread 13 years ago seems to be the only person who thought it was a pub!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I think ye are at cross purposes, I.e ‘it was sold recently’ - ‘it wasn’t’ appeared to be saying it wasn’t sold recently. I think what was meant was that it was never a pub, it was just a shop called Walshes

Advertisement