Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI HDMI Audio

Options
  • 29-05-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this but feel free to move it.

I have an audio problem with my ATI HD4870 card. I have it connected to my HDTV but I only get the video out puit but no audion output. I checked the playback option on my pc and it says:

ATI DP Output - Not plugged in

I read somewhere that setting it to default will work but I don't have the option to do that.

I also tried the realtek driver driver and the same problem :S. Can anyone help me here. I go it working last year I think well a very long time using windows xp + realtek driver.

Now I am using windows 7. It doesnt work on either the x64 and the 32bits version.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

A few things:
    1. In Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers can you see the ATI Audio Card? for my 5850 its called "ATI High Definition Audio Device"? check the properties also and see if it says its working properly
    2. Are you connecting it to your HDTV with a HDMI connector or does your 4870 have a DVI output and youre using DVI->HDMI adapter? if youre using an adapter it MUST be an ATI one, regular adapters dont have the extra pins to carry the audio
    3. Are you sure your ATI cards audio is the default audio device in windows? you may need to disable all other soundcards in Device Manager/sound settings to just test if this works.
    4. Have you installed the latest ATI drivers?( just in case :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

The problem was fix using the ati adaptor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

RealistSpy wrote: »
    The problem was fix using the ati adaptor
    great to hear dude

Advertisement