Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing app on Nokia, certificate problem

Options
  • 29-05-2010 9:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hello, ive got a nokia n82 running symbian v35 and im trying to install the panoramic app "panoman".

Its a "unsigned" version it says on the title of it, but im not going to buy it as to buy it, it is €15 :eek:, but when I try to install it, it says "certificate error. Contact the supplier"

What is wrong? The thread I got it on, no one there had any problems installing it, but it was wrote 2 years ago. Anyone ever have this problem or know how to get the full app of this for free and it looks really handy to have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

You can try turning off the security certificate check; I think it's at the following:

Tools => App mgr => Options => Settings. Change "software installation" from "Signed Only" to "All" and "Onlline certificate check" to "Off".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Although I can't really say I think pirating phone apps is something I agree with but nevertheless you can't install unsigned apps on Symbian unless you either...

Sign the apps yourself by getting a certificate from here http://cer.opda.cn/en/ which takes around 2 days to process and then using an app like SignSIS (Google it) to sign the app and install it.

Or there's a slightly easier way of hacking your phone to eliminate the need for any certificates. To do this you need to use this app
    http://helloox2.com/

To use this app you have to sign it with the certificate generated by the opda website I linked earlier and then you just run it on your phone and you will never need to sign another app again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What is wrong? The thread I got it on, no one there had any problems installing it, but it was wrote 2 years ago. Anyone ever have this problem or know how to get the full app of this for free and it looks really handy to have.

Please do not use this forum to discuss software piracy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement