Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth Customer service

Options
  • 29-05-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Did you ever get really good/bad customer service in Louth.

KFC i find is not great in Dundalk. The marshes KFC stop cooking food on a Thurs night at about 7:00 but i was told i can have the scraps. The retail park KFC service is bad and the guy on the front counter should learn how to talk not grunt and say "please" and "thank you"

On the other hand i find Costa good and HMV in the marshes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

i previously posted that i would reckon that the service in abra in Dundalk is the worst customer service EVER.I understand that the staff are under serious pressure at nights between volume of customers and pissed drunk customers,but the day time service is equaly as bad.grunting at customers and throwing their change at them simply isnt good enough.Also i check my order before i leave the premises as i have arrived home on many an occaision to find that my original order has been screwed up completly.
    Conlons deli in church st. and longwalk s.c have excellent customer service and fair play to them.also add Mankind mens shop in clanbrassill st.
    The level of customer service throughout Ireland is appallingly bad.Surely owners/managment etc..must know that the customer is king and should be treated as such and in the main the buck stops with them(they do after all employ these people and have interviewed them for their job)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Agree with abra - horrible people
    Best restaurant for customer service is the Windsor or the Lisdoo - very friendly
    Also - the texaco garage on the Carrick Road has great service - especially the guys outside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

HMV? good service? yeah right, they are just as bad as abra, everytime I go on there the lads who are in run of the place are always playing AC/DC or some other metal crap/american metal over the stereo other than anything else, and they are the most unhelpful people I've ever had the displeasure to encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Onesimus wrote: »
    HMV? good service? yeah right, they are just as bad as abra, everytime I go on there the lads who are in run of the place are always playing AC/DC or some other metal crap/american metal over the stereo other than anything else, and they are the most unhelpful people I've ever had the displeasure to encounter.

You seem to be basing half of your opinion on the fact they play music you dislike. I worked in HMV last year on work exp and i know it's who ever is on the till gets to chose the music thats playing. I know now walking past by the music more than likely who is on :pac: always found them helpful in terms of getting stuff for you and having a bit of banter when you're buying the stuff.

Costa are good too,
    river island are good the few times ive been there considering they are probably the worst case of teenagers walking around not going to buy anything.
    xtravision it depends on who is working, the younger staff seem keen to help alot of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have to say I have always found the staff in HMV very helpful and indeed I have complimented them for their service in the past. I don't use the store too often so can be a bit lost when I go looking for something and they are always generous with their time and advice.
    Fast food joints tend to have surly staff - not unexpecetd with the poor wages and the abuse they seem to get from customers.
    Generally I find service fine in the area. OK shops in the North are very into service and it's can all be very in your face (sometimes too much so) but I think businesses certainly around Dundalk generally are to a satisfactory standard on service. Of course we can gripe about this place or that place but overall is fine. Basing you opinion just on the likes of KFC is a bit much.

• Advertisement

Two more i've thought for, devennys always has what you're looking for. But it seems like your sticking a knife through them for a simple request.

Then the cinema staff are all very nice except for the woman manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Als76

KFC is the place i found consistantly bad there are others places like the tax office which is not very good. Other people have mentioned a few other places and they are not all fast food outlets.

Als76 wrote: »
    KFC is the place i found consistantly bad .

Why the heck do you go back somewhere that you always get poor service in? You're worse for going back.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Speaking from the point of view of someone who has worked in sales/retail etc. and has done loads for customers, I find that an unreal number of people that come into shops can be quite ignorant and rude towards the staff especially when they know that we can't say anything back to them:mad:. There are so many customers that would leave you in a bad mood with the way they carry on that after a while you can spot them a mile off and hope one of the other members of staff will get to talk to them.

In saying that, however, a lot of customers can be quite pleasant and willing to have a bit of craic when they go out to buy something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Lol, heres one most of you wont have experienced. The Remnant Basket, Chapel St, Dundalk has to be the perfect case study for appalling customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

TO_ARTHUR! wrote: »
    Speaking from the point of view of someone who has worked in sales/retail etc. and has done loads for customers, I find that an unreal number of people that come into shops can be quite ignorant and rude towards the staff especially when they know that we can't say anything back to them:mad:. There are so many customers that would leave you in a bad mood with the way they carry on that after a while you can spot them a mile off and hope one of the other members of staff will get to talk to them.

In saying that, however, a lot of customers can be quite pleasant and willing to have a bit of craic when they go out to buy something.

I could not agree more with your whole post. I have been in retail for about 10 years now and have to say I have come across some real bad customers and nothing is good enough for them. I genuinly think some people forget that you are only following company policy as set out by the company and you didnt wake up that morning just too pee them off. However as you said some people are just lovely and delight to serve of which I have had many.

In reply to the topic in hand tho I have to say the customer service in Pennys in the Marshes is dire I have never come out of there impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Why the heck do you go back somewhere that you always get poor service in? You're worse for going back.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If its the attitude he is claiming to be bad then Why should he allow them to decide where he gets his food? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

I think the woman in Marliy's beside McEvoys and the one in the small pet shop on the ramparts both need to at least act interested. Every time i go in asking for something or just browsing i feel like I'm putting them out by being there. A smile or a greeting that sounds like they would like my custom would be nice. A "Well" while not even lifting your head from the magazine doesn't cut it. The butcher in green acres is like a 365 grinch.

On good service, thats a tough one. Although I always found Rices builders providers to be great even before i got to know the lads. Nothing else really jumps to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Lol yes the butcher in Greenacres is a nark and if Im not mistaken he owns the place.

Great customer service is the lads in the old Kwik Fit place on the Coes Rd, not sure what it is called now. Had an issue recently, Mrs popped in and I couldnt believe how far they went out of their way and even phoned me to discuss what they were going to do. Well done lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Als76 wrote: »
    The retail park KFC service is bad and the guy on the front counter should learn how to talk not grunt and say "please" and "thank you".

I went into the drive thru recently, but completely missed the order box thingy, i got around to the window and asked the guy could i just order there as i had passed the order post, he refused point blank and said i'd have to just drive back around and rejoin the queue....He then proceeded to take the next order over his headset....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Lol yes the butcher in Greenacres is a nark and if Im not mistaken he owns the place.=

Wow !
    he owns his own place and he's a nark as well . Who could he be narking for ? maybe he gives a better nark service to people who are not mistaken . (do you think that's a better Lol than your Lol) Happy Lolidays

you says whaa???:)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

kbell wrote: »
    I went into the drive thru recently, but completely missed the order box thingy, i got around to the window and asked the guy could i just order there as i had passed the order post, he refused point blank and said i'd have to just drive back around and rejoin the queue....He then proceeded to take the next order over his headset....lol

My OH went to that drive thru a few days ago and was rushed on. He was just tryin to decide what Box meal to get and whoever was on the order post wouldnt give him a minute. I dont think he will bother going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Keithm89 wrote: »
    Also - the texaco garage on the Carrick Road has great service - especially the guys outside

Completely agree ! Very good CS.....

I had to stop going to Chivers on the Carrick road when it was still a Centra. I just found their staff unreal ! Havent been back since !

Dunnes Stores in Ard Easmuinn is hit and miss too.... Some of the younger staff can be ok but god help you if you disturb the local gossiping with a request to make use of the checkout !

MugMugs wrote: »
    Completely agree ! Very good CS.....

I had to stop going to Chivers on the Carrick road when it was still a Centra. I just found their staff unreal ! Havent been back since !

!

I agree fully about the Texaco garage. Great service. But I can't agree at all about the former Cheevers when it was Centra. I found the staff very friendly, always helpful. It was a shop I actually liked going in to. Now it's Mace and the new staf are also very freindly but the bleeding Cash macine is out of order 4 times out of 5. It has made me use the Spar/Texaco instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I agree fully about the Texaco garage. Great service. But I can't agree at all about the former Cheevers when it was Centra. I found the staff very friendly, always helpful. It was a shop I actually liked going in to. Now it's Mace and the new staf are also very freindly but the bleeding Cash macine is out of order 4 times out of 5. It has made me use the Spar/Texaco instead.

I must actually admit.... I've been in there since and started going back. The girl working on the Deli.... GOOD GOD ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

I find the whole service in the food court of the Marshes to be ignorant. Went to KFC last Saturday and I had to wait to be serviced for nearly 5 mins as the person behind the counter was too busy talking to 2 friends of hers, then was nearly overcharged for the food and when I informed her of the mistake she turned around and muttered something which I found rude.

On the positive side I find River Island to be very friendly and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I agree with Dioza on the woman in the pet shop on the Ramparts, very unfriendly and unhelpful. I've always found Gamestop lads as really helpful. HMV staff in my experience have always been very nice to deal with. Specsavers staff are just lovely, excellent customer service.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Specsavers staff are just lovely, excellent customer service.
    Until they start stareing at you:pac:

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    I find the whole service in the food court of the Marshes to be a shower of ignorant pigs. Went to KFC last Saturday and I had to wait to be serviced for nearly 5 mins as the person behind the counter was too busy talking to 2 friends of hers, then was nearly overcharged for the food and when I informed her of the mistake she turned around and muttered something which I found rude.

On the positive side I find River Island to be very friendly and helpful.

Subway staff always top notch. Friendly and talk to you aswell, they seem to really value their youth business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

Yeah the lads in Gamestop are 100%. The girls and man in Slones newsagents are very friendly and helpful too. The staff in Baldins jewlers are excellent also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Had an awful experience in the o2 store in the Long walk today. There was a problem with the microSIM on my dads iPad so the guy rang head office or whoever - i went to take a call and came back and saw him browsing through my books :mad:

He was on the phone for a good 45 and the best solution was to turn it off then on again and if it didn't work, to come back tomorrow

I could have throttled him - also, the heat in that shack didnt help

Dioza wrote: »
    Yeah the lads in Gamestop are 100%. The girls and man in Slones newsagents are very friendly and helpful too. The staff in Baldins jewlers are excellent also.

The woman in Baldwin's is a top class saleswoman. She could sell snow to an eskimo:). Very pleasant though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

in the new tesco in drogheda i was at the till and this guy that was scaning the stuff came across a barcode that couldnt be read on a magazine and he said cant sell that to you i was going wtf just put the price in as something else , he said no will have to put that one back on the shelf:mad::mad: what so someone else cant buy it

• Advertisement

Until they start stareing at you:pac:

They actually won some award recently for customer service, it was in the Argus- I wasn't surprised. Martina and Kathleen the two opticians were very kind to me recently over a scary experience where I temporarily lost the central vision in one of my eyes. Long appointments for little or no charge. The counter staff are very pleasant and helpful too when I pop in regularly for minor repairs on my son's frames.

Advertisement