Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One remote for TV, NTL & WDTV?

• 29-05-2010 10:23pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a fairly simple setup at home - but it still requires 3 remotes which drives me mad. I have a Phillips 32" lcd tv, the standard NTL DVR box, and a WDTV Live. Can anyone tell me the cheapest most simple all-in-one remote that will work with these?

I really don't need every possible function or setting, just normal everyday functions.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Logitec harmony series : "300" remote is the cheapest that will work with everything.

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

The logitech remotes are fantastic. I got one last year and it made my life a LOT simpler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

+1 for Logitech remotes, be lost with out one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭manna452121

Sorry to open an old post but I am looking a getting a harmony 525 and I was enquiring will it work the Video-Plus on a Pioneer DVD recorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Sorry to open an old post but I am looking a getting a harmony 525 and I was enquiring will it work the Video-Plus on a Pioneer DVD recorder.

You should really start a new thread, re-opening old ones isn't a great idea.

To answer your Q, the Logitech remotes just replicate the original remotes IR codes, so you can teach it the codes for the Vide Plus functions from the original remote and then assign those to custom keys on the Harmony 525.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭manna452121

Sadly my remote was chewed by my dog and it will no longer function,so I have no way of passing on the codes to the harmony.Thanks again for the reply.I sourced a genuine remote in UK but will not deliver it to Ireland.Time to shoot the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

If you go to the Logitech website, you can usually check whether Harmony supports your device, before you need to purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

What eddiem said, go to the link above, select DVD Recorder > Pioneer and enter the model number...it is most likely supported, DVD recorders are relatively new technology. If this fails you can ask Logitech tech support to add the codes for your model of DVD Recorder to your Harmony account, and then update the remote with them.

This can be accessed by clicking on the support icon in the Logitech Harmony software.

Advertisement