Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TVs in work...who's getting one?

• 29-05-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone getting TVs in for the World Cup or thinking of asking. Don't know how to approach our bosses about this so looking for excuses/tips/etc....Our company is a bit old fashioned ie calling directors Mr X and Ms Y although new Chief Exec is English, younger, more modern and a season ticket holder at his club so might be worth the ask.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what about those mini portable tvs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Im banking on rte.ie having all the games..loved hearing the boss is heading on his annual hols during it..happy days..work hard in the morning and feet up in the afternoon ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Yep, rte.ie will be my port of call for the games while I'm in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Collie D wrote: »
    Anyone getting TVs in for the World Cup or thinking of asking. Don't know how to approach our bosses about this so looking for excuses/tips/etc....Our company is a bit old fashioned ie calling directors Mr X and Ms Y although new Chief Exec is English, younger, more modern and a season ticket holder at his club so might be worth the ask.

Um... where do you work? If you're an air traffic controller I'm taking no flights during the month of June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Work in a pub so i'll pretty much see every game:D

Don't know if i worked in another job if i'd have the balls to ask for a tv to watch the WC though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ah the greatest bit about the recession and having no job. If you have enough money to own a TV you can catch all the football :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Supervising the junior and leaving exams while this is on. The TV has already been hijacked from the music room and shall be used for us during the world cup :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

iPhone +TVu App + World Cup+ Desk in work = :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Actually have one in my office in work, only had it on for Lenihan;s super Tuesay in March though.

I could put it on and just mute though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I have to take two weeks off before going in July so perfect timing :) i will see most of the games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Iv'e a TV in the van so it'll be RTE for me anytime theres a match on and I'm in the van :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

We have plasmas dotted all over the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Ah the greatest bit about the recession and having no job. If you have enough money to own a TV you can catch all the football :cool:

This. :cool:

Some of my mates are taking time off during the WC too, so we've planned nearly every day in a house, some in the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Working in a bar with two big plasmas.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

With Ireland not being there you'd need a football fan for a boss to get one in I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Rte website and window switching when I hear footsteps

Advertisement