Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help choosing phone for elderly person

Options
  • 30-05-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need to choose a mobile phone for a elderly lady who has very little eyesight left…
    Is there any phone available like a flip phone where you could just open it
    And say the persons name and it would then dial automatically, something
    voice activated …
    would appreciate any advice on this etc

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

O2 do one with giant buttons, not a usual make like Nokia Samsung etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Check out the Doro range. I got a flip one for my gran and she was over the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭kincaid

she can not use the cordless phone with large buttons( cannot see the buttons at all) which is quite large so a mobile with them would be even worse.
    just looking for something like a flip phone where you would say the person name and it would directly connect you to that person with using any buttons whatsoever

thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

As far as I know, most voice activated features require the holding down of some button. Otherwise, sure, you might just be talking about someone and then it'd ring them. Usually a button on the side that's easy to feel for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Future Positive have the best range of oap phones... http://www.futurepositive.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

theres none that just open it and speak into as other fella mentioned u have to hold down a button...but usually them voice recognitions systems are horrible..end up going to settings or some other crap instead of contacs...if she only needs to call a few people like you and some emergency number i think firefly would be the best...not having a joke but with her having difficulties to see whats shes pressing that might be the easiest way for her

Advertisement