Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 114 Live Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

scudzilla wrote: »
    Rashad is lookin awesome :D:D

+1

looks like my prediction was almost right so far, its all about the wrestling

rampage has been out too long, rahsad just needs to watch the hook

uh oh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rampage is too gassed to follow up :(

get in there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Judging by Rampage's performance it is very clear that Wolfslair is one of the worst camps in mma.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Judging by Rampage's performance it is very clear that Wolfslair is one of the worst camps in mma.

lucky to escape that barage but worked out the way I said, happy days 11/4 on PP :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Isn't Bisping from that camp?

Poor card overall, 2 good fights 1 wrong decision.

Pitty the fool

rizzla wrote: »
    Isn't Bisping from that camp?

Yes he is but he fought a poor miller

• Advertisement

possibly the worst card of fights i've seen in ayear tbh, nothing really special stood out tonight

sonic.trip wrote: »
    possibly the worst card of fights i've seen in ayear tbh, nothing really special stood out tonight

Wut?

Seriously

rovert wrote: »
    Wut?

Seriously

yeah apart from one or two I thought they were below par to be honest.

If you get a sub in a UFC PPV it seems by default you'll get sub of the night.

2 big things that stood out tonight Russows KO and Brilz getting cheated out of the win.

sonic.trip wrote: »
    yeah apart from one or two I thought they were below par to be honest.

Have you forgotten UFC 112 already?

Very poor event. Live prelims were awful. Event wasnt great with a few fighters performing bad

Have you forgotten UFC 112 already?

Grove / Munoz was better than all those fights combined imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

annoyed by tonight, Brillz would have won that fight if rogerio wasnt rodrigos brother, and he didnt train at black house.

stun gun looked good.

rampage was gassed after about 2 minutes, and did exactly what he said he wouldnt do if he was in a position like thiago silva. not to mention hes extremely slow

dan millers stand up was fairly impressive

couldnt stop laughin when duffee got knocked out, dana white was probably pissed beyond belief, all that hyping for nothing.

annoyed by tonight, Brillz would have won that fight if rogerio wasnt rodrigos brother, and he didnt train at black house.

stun gun looked good.

rampage was gassed after about 2 minutes, and did exactly what he said he wouldnt do if he was in a position like thiago silva. not to mention hes extremely slow

dan millers stand up was fairly impressive

couldnt stop laughin when duffee got knocked out, dana white was probably pissed beyond belief, all that hyping for nothing.

Really? I thought nearly everything Miller threw was at chest height and barely ever landed. And those punches that did connect didn't cause any problems.

• Advertisement

guess i should have explained, i felt that he was impressive considering how he usually looks and how hes mainly a grappler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Fights have been stopped for less in the UFC and when he re-watches it , Rampage will feel quite annoyed. Herb dean was behind rampage when he knocked Rashad down and missed 2-3 flurry's that caught rashad.

Rashad was brilliant at his gameplan however, but that's two fights in a row Rashad could have lost due to the other person not capitalizing. Rampage to come back better..Griffin again next ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bisping beat a below average fighter IMO, and couldn't even finish him.

Seems to me that Bisping is ok fighting these types of guys, yet when he steps up to some1 in the top tier (Rashad, Hendo, Wandy) he proves how average he really is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Seems to me that Bisping is ok fighting these types of guys, yet when he steps up to some1 in the top tier (Rashad, Hendo, Wandy) he proves how average he really is

Close decision decision against rashad was it not ? a razor thin and debatable one against wand , and got KO'd by hendo.

Hardly really average, i think someone hit the nail on the head earlier this shows how average of a camp they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Close decision decision against rashad was it not ? a razor thin and debatable one against wand , and got KO'd by hendo.

Hardly really average, i think someone hit the nail on the head earlier this shows how average of a camp they have.

Also a close decision which he should have lost against Hamill.

Wolfslair really is a poor camp, i'm on Cagewarriors forum and if ya say that they go fcukin nuts and say it's 1 of best in world!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Andrew H

Rampage definitely suffered from ring rust and should have finished Rashad off. he needs to get his ass back to the states and train in a real camp for the rematch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Who has finished Dan Milller? Nobody he is a very tough fighter. He also has had a lot of personal problems coming into this fight so he was never going to be on top of his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

seriously what the fook was rampage doing for almost 45 seconds after rashad got up?

he didnt even throw a punch while he was all over the gaff with rubber legs.:o

TechnoPool wrote: »
    seriously what the fook was rampage doing for almost 45 seconds after rashad got up?

he didnt even throw a punch while he was all over the gaff with rubber legs.:o

Sucking oxygen

Sucking oxygen

indeed yea, he could have finished him

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

That was bizarre watching Rampage jogging on the spot instead of finishing Rashad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Hi,
    Overall I thought the event was a victim of being over hyped and in reality barring the Hathaway fight (who was very impressive) and the 1st round of the Duffee fight the fights weren't that exciting.

Had a feeling the main event was either Rashad being ko'd or grinding out a UD much like the Silva fight and like that fight there were many similarities, mainly Rashad controlling the 1st & 2nd round then being rocked in the 3rd and his opponent being too knackered to finish him off allowing him to recover and secure the fight with a couple of take downs.

Anyhow Rashad Shogun should be interesting and dunno whats next for Rampage, maybe Machida or Griffin again?

Can see Rashad Rampage 2 happening in 2011 though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Fights have been stopped for less in the UFC and when he re-watches it , Rampage will feel quite annoyed. Herb dean was behind rampage when he knocked Rashad down and missed 2-3 flurry's that caught rashad.

Rashad was brilliant at his gameplan however, but that's two fights in a row Rashad could have lost due to the other person not capitalizing. Rampage to come back better..Griffin again next ?

Ya I tought Herb was gonna stop it there when rashad went down ,happy rashad won though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Anyone know where i can watcha replay online? Fell asleep last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

wow-i actually enjoyed the event. good fights on the undercard and the main card and i will be collecting some cash off boyle sports also tomorrow :D done a treble on 'Hathaway,Lil Nog and Rashad' though i am more than a little fortunate on the lil nog part :rolleyes: Shogun will beat rashed however, those vicious leg kicks will slow rashad down and he won't be attacking with anywhere near the same speed as he was last night. Rampage has shown he is too one dimensional and depends on landing that one punch to get the 'w' all the best fighters have a few tools in their arsenal but he has failed to progress and move forward.also,looked like the wolfslair might not be the best place for him to train. Good he didn't win last night cos i reckon Shogun would have chopped him down again. rashad will definately give Shogun the better fight(using his wrestling etc) but its still Shogun all the way......till the spider steps back up to 205 and redeems himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Enjoyable man event, but it needed another 2 rounds to be conclusive. Rashad did a good job all the same.

The rest of the card was kinda boring tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Boring show, only good 1 was hathaway

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

I enjoyed this last night. Was disappointed that Rampage couldnt finish in the third. That Duffee k.o. was hilarious, that Russow guy looked as stunned as everyone else. Hathaway was a class act against a dangerous guy like diego. He has a cool way about him, doesnt make bold claims ala hardy and bisping after winning fights, he seems a humble guy.

Has this done the rounds on MMA sites in relation to Russow:

homer_they_fall_painting.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

I just watched Nog Vs Brilz. I scored the first round 10-9 for Nog, second 10-8 for Brilz and third 10-8 for Nog. Nog was much better on the feet for the first half of the first round and stuffed Brilz takedowns. Brilz didn't do a whole lot when he did get Nog down in the first. The second was a totally different story, other than a couple of sweeps and a brief guillotine from Nog, Brilz was all over him. He pretty much outclassed him in the second. Then the third was a reverse of that. Very strange fight!

• Advertisement

I don't know how you can give so many 10-8's in a fight. The only possible 10-8 round was the first in the Duffee / Russow fight.

Nog didn't do anything really in the second, wasn't even close. Same can be said for Brilz besides a brief takedown.

I am opposed to the idea of 10-8 rounds and I have only ever scored one in the fights I have watched [2nd, Rampage / Forrest]. I think 10-8's are unfair since there are less rounds than boxing and there is also no clarity about 10-8 rounds in MMA unlike boxing.

only one? ive scored a round 10-6, (quarry vs starnes).

only one? ive scored a round 10-6, (quarry vs starnes).

Didn't waste my time scoring that crap. I probably would have scored it all 10-8's.

I'm the opposite in thinking there should be more 10-8 scores. If a guy completely dominates a round, it should be scored 10-8. And thats what happened in the last two rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

I am opposed to the idea of 10-8 rounds

Completely disagree. 10 - 9s dont offer enough scope to score mma fights fairly. More 10 - 8s and more 10 -10s are the way forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

How many times did Dana say never leave it to the judges in the post fight press conference.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    How many times did Dana say never leave it to the judges in the post fight press conference.

plenty of times but it isn't annoying how many times have we had horrible decisions in fights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

WOuld have given the decision to brilz, however I did want to see the guy do well. I wonder if I had watched the fight with the sound off and didn't care for a winner how I would have scored it :confused:

I think it's very difficult to have an unbiased outlook of a fight even as a fan not caring who wins, but once the momentum goes a certain way, it's hard not to want either the other guy to come back or the guy winning to pummel him, which is why I don't envy the judges, I'll agree though some decisions are boarderline insane :confused:

Advertisement