Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny Jeans on women

• 30-05-2010 3:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Havin an argument with my other half! I hate skinny jeans - she loves em - your thoughts!

Skinny Jeans on women. 111 votes

Yes I Like
    0% 0 votes
    No I hate them stupid looking yokes
    67% 75 votes
    I dont care
    32% 36 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I hate them!!!

Who can stand them being SO TIGHT??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Think they make everyone apart from the skinniest of people look fat.

Saw a girl wearing a pair yesterday and they made her look huge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bad on bigger girls unless they have a long top which covers the upper thighs. Can make your legs look like two carrots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

If the girl has the right figure they can look fantastic, if not just leave them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

i hate fat girls who wear skinny jeans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If the girl has the figure for them, they look great. They do really emphasise any flaws though, so they can look a bit silly on bigger girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I really like them, I think you have to be fairly slender to wear them because
    they tend to make people look much bigger than they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

:eek: All arse and pockets:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

2632045905_8ba33d0901.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I always wear them, love them. They go with so much! But yeah they can look a bit silly on some people I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think they look awful unless you have very shapely legs. I don't really think it matters what weight you are, but unless your legs are your best feature, they tend to just make you look chunky. For girls that are more top-heavy, especially in the stomach area, the lack of balancing by the jeans really emphasises the weight. If you have big hips or stomach, you need jeans that are at least bootcut to balance you out.

I've a friend who's about a size 10, but a dancer with extremely muscular legs, and skinny jeans look really awful on her. Likewise, I've a friend who's an apple-shaped size 16 and skinny jeans look horrible on her. Then again, I've a size 12 friend who has the most amazing legs I've ever seen and they look great on her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Way too difficult to remove...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I like skinny jeans. I hate doing the dance to put 'em on though, shimmy shimmy, pullllll, jumping up and down! :rolleyes: As for getting them off, oh dear, "Hang on a sec, my jeans are stuck around my ankles!" :o:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

as Faith says, if youve got the legs for them they look lovely. I have a friend who always looks great in them. Ive another friend whos very skinny & they just dont look great on her (imo anyway), make her look too skinny or something.

I most definitely havent the legs for them so theres no way in hell id ever even try them on. It really depends on the woman in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I like them! If you can pull them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I like them, and wear them a lot, but I also agree with previous posters who said they don't suit bigger girls, very unflattering unless you have slim legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Kersmash wrote: »
    I like them! If you can pull them off.

is that a pun? if so, legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

bazmaiden wrote: »
    If the girl has the right figure they can look fantastic, if not just leave them.

Definitely have to have the right body on all others a complete ugly fail :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

If you have the figure to pull them off good and well.
    I was friends with a girl who did not have the legs for them and it just baffled me how she could wear them, she even turned to me once and went "your legs are skinnier than mine you should totally wear skinny jeans!"

I didn't respond because even though she was correct, my legs arent sufficiently slim enough to pull them off.

If you have the figure to pull them off good and well.
    I was friends with a girl who did not have the legs for them and it just baffled me how she could wear them, she even turned to me once and went "your legs are skinnier than mine you should totally wear skinny jeans!"

I didn't respond because even though she was correct, my legs arent sufficiently slim enough to pull them off.

Also you don't want to have anyway hips and a butt for them lol

• Advertisement

caseyann wrote: »
    Also you don't want to have anyway hips and a butt for them lol

again she had alot of both :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

love em on hott girls:)

again she had alot of both :/

Damn how did she enjoy walking in them:eek:
    I am a size 8 and i have a butt and normal size legs i would not be caught dead in them.They are so uncomfortable when you have an ass:p

http://randazza.wordpress.com/2010/05/03/rape-charges-defeated-by-skinny-jeans/
    Apparently juries have a problem convicting men of rape when their alleged victims are wearing skinny jeans. The pants are so narrow and hard to get on or off that reasonable minds believe “collaboration” is necessary for their removal.

An Australian man was acquitted of rape Friday when a jury ruled there had to be “collaboration” to remove the woman’s tight size 6 skinny jeans.

lol

caseyann wrote: »
    Damn how did she enjoy walking in them:eek:
    I am a size 8 and i have a butt and normal size legs i would not be caught dead in them.They are so uncomfortable when you have an ass:p

I.Have.No.Idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 destinybabe

They defo make you appear bigger no doubt about it, but offset with a pair of killer high-heels can look hot gives you the extra inches in height to pull it off,otherwise with flats you need a fairly good lower bod! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

bazmaiden wrote: »
    is that a pun? if so, legend

Yeah, completely intentional.

>>
    <<

o.o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Fat girls like fashion too, folks. Being one myself and all, I don't see the difference between wearing a dress which shows my legs or jeans which show the shape of my legs. They're great with long, floaty tops and flats for daytime. If I started giving a toss about what I "shouldn't" be wearing, no doubt I'd end up in a muu muu of some sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I have two fave pairs of CK skinnies and I love them. I would be quite robust but with long tops/cardigans I think it looks nice. I feel comfortable anyway! *shrugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

shellyboo wrote: »
    Fat girls like fashion too, folks. Being one myself and all, I don't see the difference between wearing a dress which shows my legs or jeans which show the shape of my legs. They're great with long, floaty tops and flats for daytime. If I started giving a toss about what I "shouldn't" be wearing, no doubt I'd end up in a muu muu of some sort.
    I don't think anyone was suggesting they don't:confused:

Some clothes look good on skinny people but not on big people and some clothes can look good on big people but not on skinny people.

Skinny jeans just don't go well with a larger body type and by saying that I'm not suggesting that big girls should just wear bin bags and not like fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I beg to differ. I wear the crap out of skinny jeans *and* I look good in them, larger body type and all.

Saying "fat girls shouldn't wear skinny jeans" is saying they shouldn't be showing off their legs. By the same token you must think we shouldn't wear dresses above the knee either? Leggings, are we allowed leggings? Are we allowed wear things that are tight on our arms, or is that a "larger body type" no-no as well? Where does it end?

Saying fat people "shouldn't" wear form-fitting clothes (like skinny jeans) is to imply that they should be wearing baggy things only. No thank you -- I like my figure and intend to dress it, not hide it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

I beg to differ. I wear the crap out of skinny jeans *and* I look good in them, larger body type and all.

Saying "fat girls shouldn't wear skinny jeans" is saying they shouldn't be showing off their legs. By the same token you must think we shouldn't wear dresses above the knee either? Leggings, are we allowed leggings? Are we allowed wear things that are tight on our arms, or is that a "larger body type" no-no as well? Where does it end?

Saying fat people "shouldn't" wear form-fitting clothes (like skinny jeans) is to imply that they should be wearing baggy things only. No thank you -- I like my figure and intend to dress it, not hide it.
    I think you're reading too much into what I've said.

I don't think they look good on larger people because it just looks very uncomfortable for them. I also think guys who wear tiny t-shirts look uncomfortable which makes them look bad.

I just think people are better looking when they look comfortable which large people in skinny jeans do not.

I also never said you weren't allowed to wear them so I'm not sure where you got that from. I don't think anyone would look good in a luminous green jumpsuit but I'm not going to tell people they're not allowed to wear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

The only thing I hate about people wearing skinny jeans, is when people wear baggy ones. They're meant to be tight, and they just look awful when they're all baggy and loose, especially around the arse!

Other than that, I love them. I haven't worn anything other than skinny jeans in about 5 years! I even take them in myself so they're not all baggy, cause they don't do any smaller sizes. :( It's effort, but totally worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

hate them. Im a size 8 but im short & would be pear shaped so they dont do a thing for me at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I love them, live in them and don't know how I managed before them.

I agree they don't suit all women though. I think it's less to do with weight and being fat but more about body type. In general they don't look great on pear shape girls but I've seen lots of bigger girls look great in them if they're the right size for them (no muffin top).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I love skinny jeans, both on myself and on men. Men in skinny jeans = hot! Ever since I started wearing skinny jeans, I've never bought any other type. I won't buy them above a size 6/8 though, so after I put on a bit of weight at university I stopped wearing them for a while. Not saying they don't look good on other women above that size, just don't suit my body shape unless I don't have any wobbly bits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 proletarian

TBH, skinny jeans look as bad on a really skinny person as a seriously overweight person. Basically bad legs = don't wear skinny jeans, and that holds equally for pipecleaner legs.
    Definitely of the opinion that it's dependent on proportionality (and shapeliness of legs) as opposed to size.
    And, yes, I love skinnies. They sometimes give a horrible frog's legs effect though...sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

pipe down porky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

gonnaplayrugby

Infracted for insulting other members

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

People can wear whatever they want but if 'What Not to Wear' has taught me anything :), it's that certain styles flatter certain people more. If certain types of clothes are worn over others, it can really make people look great. To think that all clothes equally flatter everyone is silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I'm not a big fan of skinny jeans myself but only cos I find them uncomfortable. I think they look good on people as long as they *fit* regardless of size. The worst thing is seeing someone poured into their jeans. Seeing the big red marks on their stomach is painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I miss flares :(

Actually tbh when skinny jeans and leggings first started making a comeback I could not get my head around why on earth anyone wanted to wear them, they were such an eighties throwback and so unflattering. Bootcut and flares are infinately more flattering on everyone and generally look better imo. I just don't get it, it seems that as long as everyone else is doing something (ie. it's 'fashionable') it doesn't matter a damn how ugly or unflattering it is, it's suddenly cool and sexy. A few years back before they became fashionable for whatever reason (I suppose paris hilton was spotted wearing them somewhere) people wouldn't have been caught dead in them barr the hardcore old punks but now everyone's doing it! I don't care what's fashionable I'm more interested in wearing what's classicaly flattering and feminine and that ain't skiiny jeans.

Advertisement