Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety Net On Vodafone - Blocking Someone

Options
  • 30-05-2010 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

I'm just wondering has anyone ever used vodafone's Safety Net as a way of blocking someones texts and calls to your mobile?

Also can you then unblock the number at a later date if you wish?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

MissyN wrote: »

Yes ofcourse. Its really designed for kids in mind. It wont block everything either, like ringtone texts etc, so your child could still lose plenty credit that way. It also has a bit of a flaw, when the phones dials 999, the restrictions are lifted automatically, which ok is good, but it doesnt reset up itself, you have you manually switch it on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Davy wrote: »
    It wont block everything either, like ringtone texts etc, so your child could still lose plenty credit that way.

It does have a option to automatically unsubscribe from premium texts, it sends the word 'stop' (I think) to the number whenever a premium text is received.
    MissyN wrote:

Yes, you can unblock/block any number you want at any stage. You can also set it to block specific things - like allow SMS from a number, but not receive calls from the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Never heard of this do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

Never heard of this do you have a link?

Yes no probs. If theres a problem with this you can just type 'safety net' into search on the Vodafone website.

Its very much focused on kids and bullying but I just want to get shot of someone without actually telling them to feck off. ;)

http://www.vodafone.ie/vlive/safetynet

Advertisement