Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what the ****ing **** - carlow park

Options
  • 30-05-2010 8:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

what the **** is going on in the park? it's 8 in the morning on a sunday

this is not the time for drumming, bagpipes and old ***** with microphones

jesus christ.. i thought i was having a nightmare at first

who thought it would be a good idea to do this **** at 8 in the ****ing morning on a Sunday

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there's a red carpet on the walking bridge, and two sprinkler systems firing jets of water into the river

and all the people are standing there facing the bridge and singing

I'm ****ing freaking out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

hardly remembering Dunkirk here by any chance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i was trying to listen to what they were saying but every time they mentioned the point of all the noise **** got muffled or windy.

i thought it was some christian thing at first cos i heard some prayer, but they mentioned the line 'you are a child of the universe' which doesn't soudn like a christian prayer. was all very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

It's a "Dawn Chorus" - an event for the old folks I do believe with singing etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

It think it has something to do with the Rowing Club..
    so it was probably a rehersal going down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That arts festival crap is back again isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

That arts festival crap is back again isn't it?
    If it is they they're 2 weeks early, starts 11th June.
    http://www.eigsecarlow.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

No,it was the dawn chorus celebration alright, some of our children were taking part.

http://www.aspirochoir.ie/index.php/dawn-chorus/

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

SIX PACK wrote: »
    It think it has something to do with the Rowing Club..
    so it was probably a rehersal going down...

Yea the regatta is next weekend so you'll be up early saturday AND Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Not being smart OP but why didn't you just inquire rather than come on here all bemused about the whole thing, probably only one weekend in the whole calendar year and your freaking out over it, chill out :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Not being smart OP but why didn't you just inquire rather than come on here all bemused about the whole thing, probably only one weekend in the whole calendar year and your freaking out over it, chill out :D

Enquire how? By hollering out the window?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Hey lads, anyone fancy heading to Carlow Park next weekend and making a bit of noise for an hour ot two?!

testicle wrote: »
    Enquire how? By hollering out the window?

Are you the OP's other half or alias? to answer your question yeah thats one way of asking or could get up and go over and ask if so concerned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I think its referred to as free speech ;) its an internet thingy, but please continue to tell him what to do "chill out" ;)

Are you the OP's other half or alias? to answer your question yeah thats one way of asking or could get up and go over and ask if so concerned :D

Neither, but I can tell you if I was, I'd know exactly where I'd be at 8am on a Sunday morning.

sunny2004 wrote: »
    I think its referred to as free speech ;) its an internet thingy, but please continue to tell him what to do "chill out" ;)

Just asked him a simple question, its referred to as curious;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

C'mon guys keep this on topic please.

The discussion is about what was going on in the Park on Sunday morning.

ShayK1 wrote: »
    C'mon guys keep this on topic please.

The discussion is about what was going on in the Park on Sunday morning.

And it was answered, so the thread veered off.

testicle wrote: »
    And it was answered, so the thread veered off.

well veere it back.

Did anyone go to this Dawn Chorus thingy or read about it in the Nationalist this week?
    I saw photos but didn't bother reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ShayK1 wrote: »
    well veere it back.

man, let it evolve..

said it before and will say it again, it's this kind of moderating that kills this forum off

• Advertisement

SV wrote: »
    man, let it evolve..

said it before and will say it again, it's this kind of moderating that kills this forum off

unfortunately, its the kind of moderating that I have to do.
    If you've a problem with that, or you think I'm doing a poor job, by all means report me to the powers that be. I really couldn't care less.

So, DID anyone go to this Dawn Chorus thingy or read about it in the Nationalist this week?
    I saw photos but didn't bother reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Like Shay said, if you have a problem with the way the forum is being moderated you know the procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Any more off topic posts or bitching about how this plces is moderated will lead to the thread being closed and you will have no choice but to take it elswhere.

Advertisement