Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad credit mortgage

Options
  • 30-05-2010 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey everyone,
    Myself and my husband have just found our dream home,We have never had a mortgage so don't know too much about the whole thing..We have been late on a few loan repayments but will be clearing off all our debt next week and will have the cash for the deposit for the house,but my husband does not think we will get a mortgage because of the late payments..He and I are working full time so has anybody been in the same position as us or have some knowlege about mortgage companies,are there ways to get a mortgage,or are we just dreaming..
    Tanx.
    Bocoda.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

You can get a copy of your credit report i think it would cost you about €15 but it is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bocoda

Hi Kenevil,
    I got one but that was a few months ago..my father explained it to me and it seemed we had a pretty good rating but We've been a bit bold with late payments since because we knew the few bob was coming and we'd be clearing them anyways...Didn't think the house we loved would be coming on the market..I was trying to get a few names of companies that might consider us if banks won't...and if anyone had any that maybe they went to and could tell us what they thought of their services..
    Bocoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If the missed payments were paid within 30 days, you'll be ok. Otherwise you'll probably be in trouble.

Advertisement