Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes issues on laptop

• 30-05-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I'm posting this here because the music forum would be of no help.

I’ve had an iTunes account for many years and bought music on it a few years back with an account on my work email as the user id. My laptop was an authorised computer to play the music.

The work email address changed over the years and then I moved job and each time I updated my account to match my new contact email.

Unfortunately my home laptop got corrupted and I had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall everything (fortunately I’d backed up everything)

The problem is that now iTunes won’t play some of the earlier stuff. It’s looking to authorise the laptop again using the original id (which I cant remember the password for) and when I try and retrieve the password it doesn’t recognise the user idd because I changed it so many times since.

Is there a way around this short of getting the music again? please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭simoniz

My cousin have same problem, hope someone can help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bazma8

Simoniz,

got a reply from iTunes which sorted my issue and may help your cousin.

"Melissa here from the iTunes Store. I understand over the years you have changed your iTunes account name and email address to your current email addresses at that time. Now you are prompted to authorize your purchases and are being prompted for the old account name. I can see how you would like to authorize your purchases and I'm happy to help.

I understand that you have been unable to authorize your computer to play some of your purchased items. I am happy to assist you in regaining access to all of your iTunes Store purchases.

You will need to remove the old account name from the account name field, type the current account name and click Authorize. This authorizes your computer to play the account's purchases.

Even though its prompting for the old account name, its still the same account so the current account name will work to authorize.

I would like to note that your account has reached five authorizations. You can reset your authorization count by clicking "Deauthorize All" on the Edit Account Information screen. Keep in mind that you can only use this feature once a year. The button will not appear if you have less than 5 authorized computers or if you have used this option within the last 12 months."

Advertisement