Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 9 league up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Currently back out of relegation land, but our league is so close that I could just as easily be relegates as in the playoffs.

Also lost one of my best players to injury, so that's certainly a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Still in 3rd place. Im pretty much assured of a top four finish at this stage. Things are going pretty well this season. Getting my Academy off the ground and have a nice prospect already from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Im pretty solid in 5th place, but Im going to have to cause an upset or two if Im to get into 4th place..

That was my goal at the start of the season, so Im pretty happy with that tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Into 2nd now. Won 0-34, happy enough.

4 tough games left though.. Hope to remain in the top 4 untill the end.

BTW, SATORY.

I'm going to be away for the final week and not have access to a computer. Do you want to go wnwim again, or Any tactics due to the fact its the last game of the season, and chances are * crosses fingers * we'll both be in the play offs

:mad: You knocked me down to third...

But then I knew I wouldn't win on saturday, my plan is to go and get a win against La Fortuna, which would mean if your results go okay next weekend as well that should move you to 1st.

Yeah come the last game of the season I'll be looking for a WNWIM agreement if we're both in the playoffs, if on the odd chance that one of us has secured a playoff place and the other needs a win then I would be willing to look into an intensity agreement as well, if your up for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Im pretty solid in 5th place, but Im going to have to cause an upset or two if Im to get into 4th place..

That was my goal at the start of the season, so Im pretty happy with that tbh :)

Keep Trying goes bot tomorrow so that is you and I in the top 4.

No problems, and no upsets needed. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Happy Days, I have Keep Trying on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

satory wrote: »

If your up for it...

I dont see that happening, but on the off chance it did, i wouldnt see it being a problem tbh.

Yea, i dont know how to play against this guy on sat. His best player is 14k csr, yet he beat me well last game.. I dont know how he did it, but can only presume some outlandish tactic like 100% creative or expansive. I dont want to risk it this week, although... i'm wanting to wnwim him... My squad is so so much stronger now than it was then, i've put nearly 400k into players since then, and its worked out well enough, and i sold a guy for 150k there on monday and i bought him for 19k a few months back.

Hmmm... what tactics to use...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

What is the name of your team?

Monkstown RFC :)

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Monkstown RFC :)

I'd WNWIM... why?

Well he hasn't logged in since 26th July, alot of his best players have fitness issues, and I beat him enough playing normal a few weeks ago and your teams alot better than mine and lastly, its EXPLODER.... :D

• Advertisement

Play normal, and play 15/25/30/30. Normal discipline, low kicking. You'll hammer him.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

3rd place team in the league just went bot moving me up to third and annoying me at the same time. I had counted on him taking some energy out of the 1st and 2nd placed teams he was due to play over the next two weeks and he's already beaten me twice:mad:

I'll just have to look forward to using the 3rd place cash instead now:)

Looks like a tight one, only 28 points up and just had a disallowed try! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Just logged in and reviewing the first half quickly it came clear I somehow ****ed up and ended up with probably the worst kicker on my team as the kicker. nice he has 2 stars :mad: OH has considerably more... :( already thrown away lots of points.

Still expect the win though...:p

I LTNT against first place in the league and it looks like Ive lost... 20-10 with 3 mins left.

I was hoping to get some points out of that game to help secure a playoff play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Shipped another heavy defeat.

4th place is pretty much definitely mine, but the teams above me are just so much better it hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Bad day at the office. My 11, 12, 13 and 15 all played below their potential. With my back orientated tactics picked for the day, this went badly.

Lost to the team in 6th. Sh!te, a win would have given me wiggle room in the final three games to get a home playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Beat 2nd place team 13-21. Still in 7th but there is now only 3 points seperating me from 4th so still a reasonable chance of staying up. Now to beat the top of the table team next week with a squad who's energy is shot to pieces.......

Never got a chance to set those tactics, so just went with what i already had in... a wins a win i guess..

Only 3 games left, 2 wins will guarentee me 2nd place... Never saw that happening tbh... so i'm alround happy, as i thought i was going down!

Unlucky Satory, Tight game, on the plus side, got a BP and stopped him from getting one!

Logged in today - have new mail! Yup a bankruptcy warning!:eek: got two weeks to get back within limit! upgraded to lvl 4 facilities and staff...and then had a run of away games, first of my BR career this is!:D

• Advertisement

Just ignore it, call their bluff...

Your away support will ease it for me totally!:D meh its only 50k as I have no financial advisors. easy peasy to reverse, hence I went ahead with spending the few '000k on the facilities and staff.

Nightmare weekend, forgot to set my team and sent a mixed up 1st/2nd team against Ajeffares with dodge tactics and normal energy.

My plan was going to be 2nds on WNWIM, but obviously now I'll have to change my plan for the whole season. Bah humbug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

eoferrall wrote: »
    Logged in today - have new mail! Yup a bankruptcy warning!:eek: got two weeks to get back within limit! upgraded to lvl 4 facilities and staff...and then had a run of away games, first of my BR career this is!:D

Just so you know . . you can sell facilities if its an emergency
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Nightmare weekend, forgot to set my team and sent a mixed up 1st/2nd team against Ajeffares with dodge tactics and normal energy.

My plan was going to be 2nds on WNWIM, but obviously now I'll have to change my plan for the whole season. Bah humbug.

I was wondering what happend because i didnt get to set mine either and i got a great result . . one good moment in an otherwise letdown season

ajeffares wrote: »
    Just so you know . . you can sell facilities if its an emergency

Not an emergency yet! on a point of interest, I have lvl 4 sitting waiting to be opened when revenues facilitate such a move. can i sell lvl 3 and then open lvl 4?

Edit: that's a negative, it will sell both lvls for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

eoferrall wrote: »
    Not an emergency yet! on a point of interest, I have lvl 4 sitting waiting to be opened when revenues facilitate such a move. can i sell lvl 3 and then open lvl 4?

Edit: that's a negative, it will sell both lvls for me :(

I imagine level 4 build on so it wouuldn't make sense . .

ajeffares wrote: »
    I imagine level 4 build on so it wouuldn't make sense . .

shhhhhh..... I was hoping for some cash through a glitch! :D

Oh you guys!

Shaping up to be a very tight game... i messed up my starting XV, completing omitting 2 of my best players by mistake...

It was going to be a tough game BEFORE i messed up my lineup :(

+ starting #9 off injured, and due to the line up mess up a 4,000 csr donkey is on iinstead.

FML

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

pants. the week i don't check the forecast is the week its raining. ah! the wheels are coming off for this season big style for me.

Advertisement