Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 9 league up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Ugh.. Video ref just awarded a try to them...

Me thins my lucky run is up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

crisco10 wrote: »
    pants. the week i don't check the forecast is the week its raining. ah! the wheels are coming off for this season big style for me.

didn't check weather myself and decided to play a more expansive game more than usual!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

:pac:

Orizio wrote: »
    :pac:

See you in the playoffs, see if that smile is still there. into 2nd place now:)

Now that I am guaranteed a spot!

Managed to get the draw, close game, although with the opportunities i had, i prob should have won. I'd be comfortable with saying, playoffs here i come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Managed to get the draw, close game, although with the opportunities i had, i prob should have won. I'd be comfortable with saying, playoffs here i come.

I lost to the Eagles(8th in the league), I played my 2nd team at LTNT hoping to win and save something for gideons next week... Playoffs are hanging in the balance, as the tail end of the season hasn't gone according to plan.

3 weeks without a league win.

Unless Menage a Quinze beat la Fortuna and i lose my last two games conceding 50+ per game, i'm guarenteed playoffs... One more win / two draws has 2nd secured. Gonna try get it wrapped up by next week, and then hopefully we'll have a clearer picture of what needs to be done for the last week. Although, i've a feeling that if i win next week, i'll be playing my 2nds WNWIM, and going 100% kick or somthing. I want to minimalise injuries etc.. so i'll be putting out a dud team. Good news for whoever i'm playing... cos they'll win easily.. cos a win then is worth nothing if i pick up injuries. ;) I'd much rather conserve energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

At 71 mins gone, I was 8-14 down to Tournafulla. ended up 29-14 in the end and I got the bonus point. Think I did something similar to the same opponent earllier in the season too.

Results around the league mean I am now guaranteed a home Playoff. Is there any advantage to finishing 1st as opposed to 2nd in terms of home advantage in a playoff final (should i get there) or anything?

Edit: nevermind, just looked at the Docs. If I came first, guaranteed to get a home final (should I be lucky enough to win the semi)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Gambled with the seconds against a side I knew were going to LTNT. They got the win, but I got a bonus loss point. Have to win the next two matches to avoid relegation. Eep!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Im in 4th now [the team who were in 4th went bot] 9 points clear of the next realistic team..

My last two games are against the teams 1st and 2nd, and I'm going to get pumped in both :)

Not quite into play off's yet - but very happy to be there in first season in div 3 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I hope you make it Vagga, but it is very possible that Killarney may win their last two games and nudge you out.

I think that you will need something from your remaining games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Have what should be my season decider tomorrow. I'm in 7th at home to 6th who's a point ahead. They are playing the team that is running away with the league in the last week so any sort of win should hopefully see me into 6th and a relegation play-off match (possibly against a promoting boardsie, assuming there will be some, which would make it very interesting :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

I'm first in my division and below the auto-promote line so that match up is possible :) I think I am 0-3 against you however :(

I've set WNWIM eofarrell - you?

I've set WNWIM eofarrell - you?

Yup.

Looking pretty even in the prematch appraisal...
    picture.php?albumid=1111&pictureid=7192
    myself on left Orizio on the right

Lost my fly half 7 mins into the game :(

I haven't won in 6 games (4 league games) and I'm in dire need of 4(5) points to keep me with a good chance for the playoff and a half decently fit team.

EDIT:: 25 mins in, just lost my 8 :(

Winning 13-7 at the half.

They got an intercept try from their own 22 just before 40 mins were up :(

7-8 to orizio... nice and tight match. two missed kicks by his kicker and a TMO decision against me.

Bring on the Second half!

TRY! 20-7 now

Edit: 20-14, too close for comfort

Just dawned on me I have lost both my starting centres and fullback... yikes its a blood bath out there!

Edit: My sub ccentre is now off...prop in centre... :(

• Advertisement

Secured a bonus point with last play of the game. 32-14 and out of auto-relegation spots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Home play-off secured with one game left. Cotton wool time for first team.

Won 17-7 in the end...

Played a prop on the wing as he had a better defensive rating that my first choice winger and it worked, to the extent that the prop got injured and the winger came on and scored twice.

Although firing all my stadium staff this week to make some funds has hit the contentment hard having dropped from Buoyant to Grim with the win.

@TheVoodoo

Just looking at the table now, I'm happy trying to get 3rd this season if you wanna go for promotion or 2nd, thats up to you so what about you WNWIN'ing next week with what ever team you want, I'll normal and I should pick up a win with my firsts and if we can keep the same league placings (just a win will do that) then you'll host me in the semis and I'm willing to play my seconds in that to give my firsts a chance at the 3rd/4th place playoff? What'd you think?

No bonus point.

****ing disgusted. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Drew with the team in 2nd. Scored 12 points in the last 5 minutes so happy with the 3 point haul.

Bit of advice needed here.

Last game next week, I (MWSAG) play madness at home next week. Reddogg plays tournafulla.

Is it worth going for a win next week to ensure a home playoff final (IF i get there) or would you recommend I just WNWIM and rest up for the playoffs?

Neck and neck between eofarrell and wile for the best loser's position I see.

Neck and neck between eofarrell and wile for the best loser's position I see.

Neck and neck... some show down next week!

hopefully I will see you in the playoffs and not ship 4 injuries to my back line... you got lucky this time:pac:

eoferrall wrote: »
    you got lucky this time:pac:

I'm disapointed by your lack of decorum eofarrell. :(

I'm disapointed by your lack of decorum eofarrell. :(

:D

• Advertisement

I hope you have not involved yourself in a WNWIM agreement with that dastardly wile character next weekend eofarrell.

That sort of thing simply isn't cricket old chap. ;) If I hear of you engaging in any such thing in the future I will pull your pass into the boards ie clubhouse, you'll be forced to have your after-game brandy with the plebs down in the 'pub'.

Advertisement