Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 9 league up

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Orizio wrote: »
    I hope you have not involved yourself in a WNWIM agreement with that dastardly wile character next weekend eofarrell.

That sort of thing simply isn't cricket old chap. ;) If I hear of you engaging in any such thing in the future I will pull your pass into the boards ie clubhouse, you'll be forced to have your after-game brandy with the plebs down in the 'pub'.

Crap! better start making friends with the plebs so!

on that note... at the end of the season does anyone want to get a beers going so we all know what each other looks like... though I am fairly sure everyone here is spread all over Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Sometimes this game is pure rock n roll. Only remembered today's match when I was on stage, then got pissed that I didn't set my team, but began to think that my default team could probably take the league losers...

... then realised I was actually playing the team in 4th. FACK! Pretty sure I had no chance if they went all LTNT, but, luckily they gave my 2nds such a trouncing the first time we played that they weren't giving my 1sts any respect. Bada bing, we get a 17-14 victory for me. Bonus point would have guaranteed my survival, but as it is I have to get beaten by a bonus point to be nudged. Decent days alroight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Hullo Fewcifur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

My challenge for saturday is to try to guarantee a loss against carolans, who probably aren't going to be trying to win. Trying to engineer a 1-2 for myself and blendage, and I reckon I've got a shot against guffin in a semi.

My challenge for saturday is to try to guarantee a loss against carolans, who probably aren't going to be trying to win. Trying to engineer a 1-2 for myself and blendage, and I reckon I've got a shot against guffin in a semi.

They're not a bot, surely you can just send out an arseways team?
    I thought you were saying Carolans were good this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

play off's - excellent :)

thats the aim for the season, done and dusted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Fewcifur wrote: »
    They're not a bot, surely you can just send out an arseways team?
    I thought you were saying Carolans were good this year?
    Were a game clear in fourth place on merit despite this:
    Last click: Wednesday 4 August 2010, 2:13am

Anyway, mission accomplished. Next is figuring a way past Guffingolfini.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Top of the league, piss easy really.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Well after a great start to the season, and after holding 2nd place for a bit this year it seems to of all fallen apart for me this year as the season drew on.

Probably looking at the teams in the league 5th is what I probably was looking at at the start of the season, but I got my hopes up for a bit this season. Anyways I'm in the relegation playoff, so I hope I can win that and stay up.

@TheVoodoo

Yeah I cocked up that one...

Though a mix team, what happened to be my fittest 15, and I LTNT'd it, when I probably should just of used the top players and sacrifice my fitness for the 3rd/4th place playoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Finished 2nd in div III.7. Play off against my old frenemy Jprender!!.

Game on.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

First in Division III.5. Below the auto-promote line so the plan is to win the playoffs and do it again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

My Division 2 stint finished with a bang and the fans got a nice victory to watch! I am slightly dissapointed as I made a real mess of this season, there were at least another 4 games I could have won if I had bothered TNT'ing.. Division 3 here I come:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Got 6th despite a loss yesterday. A very liberal use of ltnt throughout the season helped me to get there. Hopefully I can avoid all the boardsies in the relegation play-offs and get a relatively weak team.

No matter what happens in the playoff though, not finishing 8th = great season, so I'm happy.

Got myself 5th position, a win short of getting into the play-offs (would have upset Ajeffares for sure :P)
    Unfortunately my last match of the season was against CDoran and my win cost him his spot above the auto-relegate. Here's hoping for a boardsie or two up in the mix.

Advertisement