Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 9 league up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

eoferrall wrote: »
    Yup Suits me Orizio.

Coyotes you in for a three way? save energy for a cup run etc?

Make it a four-way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yup Suits me Orizio.

Coyotes you in for a three way? save energy for a cup run etc?

Nice of you to consult me eo. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Orizio wrote: »
    Nice of you to consult me eo. ;)

well don't have one with him then!:p

From reading above I am not sure which is better, WNWIM or normal... think we will stick with WNWIM? sure my stadium is small enough and will fill! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Forget about the WNWIM agreement altogether actually - make things a bit more interesting this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

mar-z wrote: »
    Got promoted to II.3. Hopefully can avoid automatic relegation and looking at the teams that is the best I can hope for really.

1.City Of Derry
    2.Titans
    3.Ormond
    4.North Down Deathdealers
    5.Gamusino's Rugby Team
    6.Grubber RFC
    7.Clontarf RFC
    8.Cabbage

Anyone have any experiences against any of these teams?

played cabbage last year in div 111.15 they hammered me in the playoff-final (dont think he played tnt!)

dont see my players having the new CSR yet?? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Just thinking the same thing, about the CSR it hasn't moved up as much as I though mine would, but apart from that things seem to settling down, have my league and cup fixtures...

Still missing a 3rd training slot but that will come back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Got promoted to II.3. Hopefully can avoid automatic relegation and looking at the teams that is the best I can hope for really.

1.City Of Derry
    2.Titans
    3.Ormond
    4.North Down Deathdealers
    5.Gamusino's Rugby Team
    6.Grubber RFC
    7.Clontarf RFC
    8.Cabbage

Anyone have any experiences against any of these teams?

Had Clontarf before. As Dave says, they've got a very good team (dominated 3.III two seasons ago) but not much depth. I nearly got a win against them in the league, so ya knows they're beatable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

Probably just one of these "Anomalies"

But has anybody else been deducted money as a penalty from the finance page.

Its given me the following penalty:

Early Youth Manager Contract Termination

Blendage wrote: »
    Probably just one of these "Anomalies"

But has anybody else been deducted money as a penalty from the finance page.

Its given me the following penalty:

Early Youth Manager Contract Termination

No nothing in finances page. though I have gone forward into season nine and my academy players haven't aged yet.

also I had a ten star academy, does that mean I get top in all four academy staff now available? just want to check before I hire a new staff member!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

No nothing in finances page. though I have gone forward into season nine and my academy players haven't aged yet.

also I had a ten star academy, does that mean I get top in all four academy staff now available? just want to check before I hire a new staff member!

You will get the top level for the Youth Coach, Youth Scout and the Academy Training Facility.

Everybody starts off with no youth manager.

I made the mistake of hiring the youth manager earlier today, I presume that caused it to mess up. Ill pop them an email once the new season is fully updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

4? Isn't it coach, staff, manager?

You will get lvl 3 (I think thats top, but could be wrong) scout and couch but no manager as far as I know.

Just announced that youth training etc, is changed to Thursday as well

4? Isn't it coach, staff, manager?

You will get lvl 3 (I think thats top, but could be wrong) scout and couch but no manager as far as I know.

Just announced that youth scouting etc, is changed till Thursday as well

Sorry yes 3 and then the facilities. hmmm guess I have to wait longer as still no manager for me!

Also my league has disappeared. it's kind of annoying all these changes, does anyone think they would have been better taking it down straight after the last match of the season and then working on it offline and put it all back up when done? its very frustrating having the changes update bit by bit.

does the notice they put up (that mar-z) mentioned mean that we can promote tomorrow and then again on friday say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Its not really clear
    News Item Youth Academy Updates New!
    Tuesday 1 June 2010, 4:55am
    We've made a couple of changes related to the youth academy, and have made a decision on end of season youth scouting. More

First of all, youth training and assessment will now take place on Thursdays. Second, youth players can now suffer injuries in youth matches. These injuries are only for the rest of the match. Youth players will never suffer on-going injuries. And finally, we know many of you are wondering how youth scouting will work at the end of next season when your 19 year olds turn 20 and need to be replaced with new scouts. End of season scouting will be based on the average number of stars earned (not spent) over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

The big news in that announcement is that end-of-season youth pulls will effectively be free, but capped at ten stars.

This could lead to some interesting options.

Has anyone who had a 10 star academy before the changes confirm that they have the following:
    Lvl 3 Facilities
    Lvl 3 Scout
    Lvl 3 Manager
    Lvl 3 Coach

Want to be sure I am interpreting the docs and info right before I launch a bug report!

Has anyone who had a 10 star academy before the changes confirm that they have the following:
    Lvl 3 Facilities
    Lvl 3 Scout
    Lvl 3 Manager
    Lvl 3 Coach

Want to be sure I am interpreting the docs and info right before I launch a bug report!

Don't think you should have a lvl 3 manager.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Don't think you should have a lvl 3 manager.

Hmmm i don't damn! right I thought we would get everything lvl 3:( better get advertising so!

Hmmm i don't damn! right I thought we would get everything lvl 3:( better get advertising so!

The manager is something additional, so I doubt they'd have included it in. Nice option though, makes the whole YA aspect more realistic and interesting.

Salaries are up. Income up 20k from new minor sponsor, expenditure up 22k from increased player salaries :mad:. Maintaining a decent 30 player squad is not going to be cheap.

Salaries are up. Income up 20k from new minor sponsor, expenditure up 22k from increased player salaries :mad:. Maintaining a decent 30 player squad is not going to be cheap.

Woah woah woah woah... you mean all these new CSRs have the appropriate salary cost on them? Wow, my salary cost is going to go through the roof, the majority of my players got a 3,000csr bump at least! Gah!

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Woah woah woah woah... you mean all these new CSRs have the appropriate salary cost on them? Wow, my salary cost is going to go through the roof, the majority of my players got a 3,000csr bump at least! Gah!
    Salary is not related to CSR, it's based on skills, age and possibly attributes (must check that actually). The salaries are going up based on your players' skill increases over the last season.

Salary is not related to CSR, it's based on skills, age and possibly attributes (must check that actually). The salaries are going up based on your players' skill increases over the last season.

Ah fair enough then. I thought CSR was a measure of such things? Well, not age I guess. So why all the grumbling ya scamp, if your team is better then just take the 2k hit and enjoy. Oh Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

players have aged in the academies. get promoting before 9 if ye can! otherwise leave it till thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Two promotions this week only!

Means the 2nd is at zero stars but still decent. Also means I wasted all that time deciding which of my 2 top prospects to promote :)

MarVeL wrote: »
    Two promotions this week only!

Means the 2nd is at zero stars but still decent. Also means I wasted all that time deciding which of my 2 top prospects to promote :)

Yup indeed exact same as me. but do the stars relate to the player replacing them in the YA? that's my impression, its how many stars you associate with scouting a new guy so in that case one dud in the academy would be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

I gave all 8 to the fella 1st fella and got:
    Randy Thoms
    16 years old | 185 cm | 119 kg | Ireland
    Right handed, right footed, in [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Average')"]average[/URL] form, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('fitness','Perfect')"]perfect[/URL] energy levels.
    A [URL="javascript:showLevels('aggression','Conservative')"]conservative[/URL] player with [URL="javascript:showLevels('discipline','Controlled')"]controlled[/URL] discipline, [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Average')"]average[/URL] leadership, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Non-Existent')"]non-existent[/URL] experience.

And no stars to the second fella and got this:
    Tim Maddocks
    16 years old | 194 cm | 109 kg | Ireland
    Right handed, right footed, in [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Average')"]average[/URL] form, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('fitness','Perfect')"]perfect[/URL] energy levels.
    A [URL="javascript:showLevels('aggression','Collected')"]collected[/URL] player with [URL="javascript:showLevels('discipline','Collected')"]collected[/URL] discipline, [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Decent')"]decent[/URL] leadership, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Non-Existent')"]non-existent[/URL] experience

It'll be interesting to see what their trainable are like!

jprender wrote: »
    Make it a four-way. ;)

you're not in our league are you?! :eek:

now you know that managers are not allowed to have 2nd teams.

Do your own homework.

jprender wrote: »
    now you know that managers are not allowed to have 2nd teams.

Do your own homework.

Ugh!:(

I feel scolded like I am back in school!

• Advertisement

Ugh!:(

I feel scolded like I am back in school!

Did you not do your homework in school either ? :pac:

There is another team in your league that would be interested in an intensity agreement.

Advertisement