Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 9 league up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jprender wrote: »
    Did you not do your homework in school either ? :pac:

There is another team in your league that would be interested in an intensity agreement.

Looking at the newbies for the first time now... checking them out!:D

starting to rethink the intensity agreements, the whole benefit was of minimal energy loss and extra training. the changes to contentment and the injuries and the removal of training from intensity makes it less worthwhile...:(

oh and no I didn't do homework if I could get away with it, same in college last moment crammer!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »

oh and no I didn't do homework if I could get away with it, same in college last moment crammer!:D

I hears ya bru, the cramming is the bane and saviour of my leben.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

mar-z wrote: »
    Got promoted to II.3. Hopefully can avoid automatic relegation and looking at the teams that is the best I can hope for really.

1.City Of Derry
    2.Titans
    3.Ormond
    4.North Down Deathdealers
    5.Gamusino's Rugby Team
    6.Grubber RFC
    7.Clontarf RFC
    8.Cabbage

Anyone have any experiences against any of these teams?

I played City of Derry a few seasons ago when I was in that league. It has changed so much now with the Dutch players gone. I am in DivII.1 myself a very tough group I will struggle to stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Scrummage wrote: »
    I played City of Derry a few seasons ago when I was in that league. It has changed so much now with the Dutch players gone. I am in DivII.1 myself a very tough group I will struggle to stay up.

Yeah City of Derry are one of the teams I'm pretty much conceding defeat against. There are 3-4 that I might be able to take with tactics, ltnt and luck, so I'm hoping 5/6th place but relegation is most likely :(

Ah well, tons of igt! :D And I just read that contentment takes account of the oppositions standard so that losing wont destroy me contentment-wise either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

first game in div 3 today - should be an interesting season :)

Today is one of the games I should really have a shot at winning [as opposed to the few others, where I will basically be a bot to a team 10+ points ahead of me in rankings :)]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

first game in div 3 today - should be an interesting season :)

Today is one of the games I should really have a shot at winning [as opposed to the few others, where I will basically be a bot to a team 10+ points ahead of me in rankings :)]

Same here. Just looking at pre game stats, i have him in everything bar the lineout (he has 0.5 star on me there).

He was promoted in the Bot flush also (i think, or esle from a league of BOTS)), i sense my season is going to hinge on the 4 or 6 games against my fellow "BFP"s. (Bot Flush Promotees)

Be disappointed if I lost, despite being away from home.

Well from the stars I am in for my first hiding of the season.

I just hope it wont be too bad.......

14 points down in 14 minutes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Scrum five yards from his line and I concede a length of the pitch intercept try. :rolleyes:

Lost 7-60.

Welcome to Div II! :(

On the plus side we scored a try :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Won 46-7 :)
    Going to be tough this season, no bots in my league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Won 51 - 17. One of the teams who got promoted last season. I had the beatings of him all over the pitch. Lineout, ruck, scrum, so it was easy going all the way.

(Templeogue Seniors)

I'm dreading to look. I forgot to set my team and I've no idea what my default is, I haven't used it since last season, I probably don't even have half the players left. Bah!

Pretty sure I was gonna get a hiding anyway, but I'm terrified to see the hit some players may have received to energy etc. Bugger it.

Edit: Bah, 36-7 loss. Expected, but it used a lot a valuable players I was hoping to keep aside for more winnable matches. BAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

eh. won 50-0. wasn't expecting that at all!

happy days. Tougher challenges to follow methinks but enhances my chances of not coming 7th or 8th anyway!

and my contentment went from Content to Thrilled! the guy was ahead of me in the rankings. Not sure how looking at his pedigree.

crisco10 wrote: »
    eh. won 50-0. wasn't expecting that at all!

happy days. Tougher challenges to follow methinks but enhances my chances of not coming 7th or 8th anyway!

and my contentment went from Content to Thrilled! the guy was ahead of me in the rankings. Not sure how looking at his pedigree.

I think we have all come to conclusion that the rankings are a load of bollocks. ;)

Orizio wrote: »
    I think we have all come to conclusion that the rankings are a load of bollocks. ;)

Yup, heh, I had the highest ranking in our league... I'll be lucky not to end up last. Thankfully things are already starting to resemble the reality of the situation, yeah, dropping niiiiice and fast.

got hammered 42-14 by a team just above relegation in this league last season [but who have been in div 3 for a while, so are plain better than me] :)

[I opened a lead, they came back and were 2 points ahead half time, and then just killed me in second half]

Its going to be a long season I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Won 21-12 against a much better team. Happy with that.

Btw, Vaggabond, are you a Stillorgan RFC player?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

:( lust lost to a bot :(

I played my strongest team and was happy with my tactics, it's gonna be a very long season me thinks, maybe I wasn't ready for the change in intensity!

Wylie Luke wrote: »
    :(lust lost to a bot :(

I played my strongest team and was happy with my tactics, it's gonna be a very long season me thinks, maybe I wasn't ready for the change in intensity!

When?

voodoo - yes :)

• Advertisement

Ah, I got my knickers in a twist over nothing, I'm getting my Cup games and League games confused! Beaten by a real person, a bit harsh really... stats I think my defensive line up was all wrong (at a very quick glance) still, a bp would have been nice, oh well, onwards and upwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I'll be seeing you in August so Vagga :P

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Had what looks to be the strongest team in our division yesterday. Went LTNT and drew 30-30 away from home.

Normally I'd be happy enough with that but it looks like he's going to turn bot in a few weeks as he hasn't been in since the 9th May and it looks like the other contenders are all going to play him when he changes.

Feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

MarVeL wrote: »
    Had what looks to be the strongest team in our division yesterday. Went LTNT and drew 30-30 away from home.

Normally I'd be happy enough with that but it looks like he's going to turn bot in a few weeks as he hasn't been in since the 9th May and it looks like the other contenders are all going to play him when he changes.

Feck!

Unlucky:D

MarVeL wrote: »

Feck!

Wish I'd known this before I decided on my tactics for our boards match :pac:

Had a feeling I was going to be LTNT'ed...and I am being.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Went with the 2nds for today but was pleasantly surprised at the stars. Fingers crossed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Big boards derby today, Wanderers v the Fookers. Prematch stats couldn't be more evenly matched, we have the exact same stars in pretty much all area's. Feckin teams weigh the exact same at 1603kg!

Somehow, I have a feeling JP is gonna throwing everything at this. He is still hurting.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Big boards derby today, Wanderers v the Fookers. Prematch stats couldn't be more evenly matched, we have the exact same stars in pretty much all area's. Feckin teams weigh the exact same at 1603kg!

Somehow, I have a feeling JP is gonna throwing everything at this. He is still hurting.:D
    Linkey

• Advertisement

Man, I'm LTNT with very nearly my strongest team and the score is 5 - 7 to me! Interesting battle between his 100% creative v my strong leaning to PnG, went too high with my kicking though (70%) cos I'm confident of the lineouts) and my neither of my wingers have touched the ball yet!!

Here's hoping for some holes in his drfit defense in the second half!!

Advertisement