Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 9 league up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Currently 18-3 to me. If I beat last seasons league winners and a team Jeff advised me was a rollover, well, I'll be a very happy panda indeed. :)

I beating dragons 27-10, still haven't TNT'd a game . . . might go on a long cup run:)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Looking good for this match. Winning 17 - 7 at the break against a pretty weak team. If I win this with a bonus point it'll me a perfect season so far. I'm delighted with my start to the season

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

ajeffares wrote: »
    I beating dragons 27-10, still haven't TNT'd a game . . . might go on a long cup run:)

Yeah, sure if Braybarians keep getting taken down by the minnows you may be in for an easy ride. Having said that, their obvious skill is starting to show through at this stage, they're able to score with a quick interception etc, whereas I'm griiiiinding it out. Currently 15-18 to me. I was hoping for a win, but after the start of the match I got myself in the mood for 5 points. I fear I'll be lucky to scrape the 1 point loss at the mo.

Edit: The UNBELIEVABLE C-UNIT! The match engine had me fooled, goin' on about "this being a really promising attack situation for the death squad" ... then yer man intercepts it, runs the length of the pitch and scores! Unberiebable!

Yeah, sure if Braybarians keep getting taken down by the minnows you may be in for an easy ride. Having said that, their obvious skill is starting to show through at this stage, they're able to score with a quick interception etc, whereas I'm griiiiinding it out. Currently 15-18 to me. I was hoping for a win, but after the start of the match I got myself in the mood for 5 points. I fear I'll be lucky to scrape the 1 point loss at the mo.

Edit: The UNBELIEVABLE C-UNIT! The match engine had me fooled, goin' on about "this being a really promising attack situation for the death squad" ... then yer man intercepts it, runs the length of the pitch and scores! Unberiebable!

I'm prayin for you

I'm prayin for you

Went 22-18 to him, within a minute it's gone 22-25 to me! This is possibly the most up and down match I've had in BR!

Edit: It's actually terrifying, his lads can really just score at will. Nearly lost another score there when he was through but just knocked it on. Phew!

Edit 2: AND again! There's way too much blue writing for my liking!

Edit 3: Dunno really how it happened, but my gigantic prop just went the length of the pitch, side-stepped about 5 of his players and somehow got a try. That's 1 point on the board for me at least.

• Advertisement

How you doing now? I got my BP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

17-16 up, 8 minutes left.
    This game...

How you doing now? I got my BP

35-22 with a minute to go. I've got the win and unless there's a miracle, he's got no bonus point! Yeow! God I love when a plan comes together! :D:D:D

35-22 with a minute to go. I've got the win and unless there's a miracle, he's got no bonus point! Yeow! God I love when a plan comes together! :D:D:D

Didn't I tell you ,you could beat him on the sly:)

Didn't I tell you ,you could beat him on the sly:)

Actually Jeff, now that I look at your PM, you DID say that! I read it wrong, I thought you were advising me to only challenge them on my home turf, when in fact you were on about going for the sneak win in THEIR home turf! Excellente! :D

• Advertisement

Actually Jeff, now that I look at your PM, you DID say that! I read it wrong, I thought you were advising me to only challenge them on my home turf, when in fact you were on about going for the sneak win in THEIR home turf! Excellente! :D

Tomato Tomayto :D

I ment to say both:p

Tomato Tomayto :D

I ment to say both:p

He's just been beaten by the two worst teams in the league... I'm sure Mr. Braybarian is going to have his finger off the WNWIM trigger for the rest of the season. I can imagine his fan contentment is shockin'! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Somehow managed 3 from 3 so far in the league.

Only played 4/5 of my 1st 15 and still managed to win the match (just 24-22)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Managed to keep a 3 from 3 record myself. Unfortunately they're all losses :rolleyes:

I can't wait to be back in Div III to be honest; really wasn't ready for the step up.

mar-z wrote: »
    Managed to keep a 3 from 3 record myself. Unfortunately they're all losses :rolleyes:

I can't wait to be back in Div III to be honest; really wasn't ready for the step up.

You makin' money bru? Goin' on a cup run bru? Gonna lift the boardsie title bru? Ah, you'll be alright :)

Edit: All those brus should be bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

You makin' money bru? Goin' on a cup run bru? Gonna lift the boardsie title bru? Ah, you'll be alright :)

Edit: All those brus should be bros.

Thought you had gone all Saffa there for while.

3 from 3 on league wins this year. As I would have hoped though, started the season with matches against the 3 weaker teams in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Top of the league mother****ers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Wot up yo!

So The Gnomes had their first league win there saturday last, against a guy who seems to fancy himself for a play-off spot...not while I'm around sunshine!!

Bloody tough league but if im a bit smarter about things i could, repeat could snatch a play-off spot which would be sweet as!

Its been the usual scenario re financies, in that i dont have any! And what the funk is the story with members contenment?? Its a bit bloody mentalistic if ya ask me. Your short a dude ' singing 'we will rock you' or a chick sellin' hot dogs and their all whinging like the place is a hole! I tell ya what, my contentment with my members is not very good and i wish i could tell them to get f***ked!

Ahhhh feel better now!

Toodles.

JohnButler wrote: »
    Wot up yo!

So The Gnomes had their first league win there saturday last, against a guy who seems to fancy himself for a play-off spot...not while I'm around sunshine!!

Bloody tough league but if im a bit smarter about things i could, repeat could snatch a play-off spot which would be sweet as!

Its been the usual scenario re financies, in that i dont have any! And what the funk is the story with members contenment?? Its a bit bloody mentalistic if ya ask me. Your short a dude ' singing 'we will rock you' or a chick sellin' hot dogs and their all whinging like the place is a hole! I tell ya what, my contentment with my members is not very good and i wish i could tell them to get f***ked!

Ahhhh feel better now!

Toodles.

The last angry man

No arguments there!

• Advertisement

No arguments there!

You're unlucky to be in 3.1, that's a total killing field, but it'll toughen your team up somewhat perhaps, or maybe just completely break them like Div III.3 did to my poor lads. I wish you well brave sir. Remember, there's always the boards.ie cup to win... oh... wait... :(

Remember, there's always the boards.ie cup to win... oh... wait... :(

Just when i was coming to terms with the fact Frankie, you go and say that... hurts man but i forgive you cause i will be back next season to woop ass!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Just when i was coming to terms with the fact Frankie, you go and say that... hurts man but i forgive you cause i will be back next season to woop ass!:)

You are probably better off not in it, fighting on three fronts is killing me and my small squad. but can't afford to throw games as contentment takes such a hit. least with friendlies fixed I can go to WNWIM on those.. and I will be out of the cup soon enough most likely!

eoferrall wrote: »
    You are probably better off not in it, fighting on three fronts is killing me and my small squad. but can't afford to throw games as contentment takes such a hit. least with friendlies fixed I can go to WNWIM on those.. and I will be out of the cup soon enough most likely!

Stay strong sir, stay strong. Remember MBO. MBO. MBO. MBO!!!!

(Must beat Orizio)

Stay strong sir, stay strong. Remember MBO. MBO. MBO. MBO!!!!

(Must beat Orizio)

Ha! Reading the email it didn't have the last line there, I went MBO... management buy out? oh wait must beat Orizio and yup there it was when logged in here!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

You're unlucky to be in 3.1, that's a total killing field, but it'll toughen your team up somewhat perhaps, or maybe just completely break them like Div III.3 did to my poor lads. I wish you well brave sir. Remember, there's always the boards.ie cup to win... oh... wait... :(

3 1 sucks balls. :p

Meh I was in 3.1 for ages and repeatedly finished near the top. And that was when Kinsale RFC was still in there. Isn't Cheinster the top team now? I used to beat him on the regular... :pac:

Orizio wrote: »
    Meh I was in 3.1 for ages and repeatedly finished near the top. And that was when Kinsale RFC was still in there. Isn't Cheinster the top team now? I used to beat him on the regular... :pac:

So really what you are saying is that DIV 3.14 is harder...since you havent topped that in a few seasons! ;)

eoferrall wrote: »
    So really what you are saying is that DIV 3.14 is harder...since you havent topped that in a few seasons! ;)

It means I did a better job with my second team then I did with my current one. ;)

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    It means I did a better job with my second team then I did with my current one. ;)

The one you got taken off you?

Advertisement