Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 9 league up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Wow, Im 12 - 0 up in a game I was hoping to just get a BP loss in. I really hope I get the win, my contentment levels really really really need it :D

EDIT: I only turned it on now, it seems my lineout is taking it hard whereas the scrum is holding its own

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Savage. With pretty much the last touch of the game, got a try to get the bonus point! Ended up winning 30-7 away from home.

Might slip off first place in the league on points difference, no matter though. 5 wins from 5 and 4 with a bonus point. Good first third of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Lost 10-0. Annoyed that my boys never got into an attacking mode. I was afraid this would put me bottom of the league, but looking at the standings, hmm, I should still be mid-table, so it's not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

won 45-0. that better keep the fans quiet for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I won 17-7, stopped him from getting his losing BP so I'm delighted. Wasn't even expecting much coming into this game. Lovely stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

lost as expected, but very tight:(

ajeffares wrote: »
    lost as expected, but very tight:(

You expected to lose?! But Jeff, I thought you were going to own this league :(
    I felt bad when I saw the result, I was hoping you'd keep his cocky self in his box, but I guess he can walk the walk as well as he talks the talk.

Hang on... TWO ON-GOING INJURIES?!?!?! F*^*&*CKKKKkkkkkkkK! Well, it was all going so well, now I wave goodbye to two of my best players. Well, I AM excited for the rest of the league. ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Played my 2nd's and came away with a 16-0 win, which should move me into 2 place in the league.

I remember thinking at the start of the season that I wouldn't have a hope and I think I predicted a 7/8 place finish, but its not certainly turning out like that (at the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Lost 3-29. Nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

won 45-0. that better keep the fans quiet for a while

Good going. I'll have to see if you left a tactics sheet in the back of a taxi anywhere :)

Thought the infernos were going to spring a surprise on me this week as well but it looks like they died in the 2nd half and left a bonus point win. Played the seconds so I think I'll chance my arm in the cup again this week. Blokkers next week and the 2nds should slaughter them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 coyote10

Beat Orizio 14-19 away from home ... couldn't deny him the losing BP though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I probably should have played my first team. :(

Orizio wrote: »
    I probably should have played my first team. :(

You won't underestimate my team next time so ;)

Playing 'aggressively' nearly paid off for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Fewcifur wrote: »
    You expected to lose?! But Jeff, I thought you were going to own this league :(
    I felt bad when I saw the result, I was hoping you'd keep his cocky self in his box, but I guess he can walk the walk as well as he talks the talk.

Hang on... TWO ON-GOING INJURIES?!?!?! F*^*&*CKKKKkkkkkkkK! Well, it was all going so well, now I wave goodbye to two of my best players. Well, I AM excited for the rest of the league. ****.

My team is wrecked from the cup . . . ah well

coyote10 wrote: »
    You won't underestimate my team next time so ;)

Playing 'aggressively' nearly paid off for you.

Nonsense, look at all those penalties I gave you. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Finally managed to get another win. This time by only a point. I really dont know whats going wrong this season.. nothing seems to working for me at all. I think major investment is needed in certain areas

ajeffares wrote: »
    My team is wrecked from the cup . . . ah well

Ah that's alright then, I'd be pished off if you were just expect defeat from that chancer based for no reason.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Finally managed to get another win. This time by only a point. I really dont know whats going wrong this season.. nothing seems to working for me at all. I think major investment is needed in certain areas

If you could leave of that major investment for say, 2 weeks?

Got Gideons next weekend and I think my seconds could take them, then I should be out of the cup and able to take you on and win with my firsts ;)

We're still going WNWIM satory, yea?

Nah, i'm thinking more long term development, i.e for next season.

Might pick up a few guys for the second half of the season, and try for a 4th/5th place finish

+ Coyote,I see you're interested in Mitch ;)

+ Coyote,I see you're interested in Mitch ;)

Why yes I am! Need a decent back up prop ;) ... he seems to be one of your best front rowers though, just selling him cause of his age or cashing in?

• Advertisement

I've realised i'm not challenging this season, so i'm just gonna try bring on some younger guys. He's decent enough though, still making decent csr gains each week.

We're still going WNWIM satory, yea?

Good point, I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me.

Looking at the fitness of my team its looking like that that WNWIM will be needed anyways, as it looks like I may of overused LTNT over Normal for fear of losing.

Tactics set! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Tactics set! :pac:

Dito...

eoferrall wrote: »
    Dito...

I'm very excited.

I'm very excited.

You're a little cheerleader at heart really Few...;)

I totally am! Myself and Blanch are playing WNWIM next week, so I had to change my tactics for the whole league.... but I woke up about 2 minutes before the line-up deadline and forgot to change it... so I'm dreading what's going to happen in my match today, so I'll most likely be watching you guys to calm myself down :)

I totally am! Myself and Blanch are playing WNWIM next week, so I had to change my tactics for the whole league.... but I woke up about 2 minutes before the line-up deadline and forgot to change it... so I'm dreading what's going to happen in my match today, so I'll most likely be watching you guys to calm myself down :)

As long as you don't dress as one I'm ok with that!

Looks like could be 3 wins each, my team is running out of form - very frustrating! but Orizio is more fatigued...and then tactics... should be good!

The ball carrier is a little isolated here, with Everyone Likes A Tryer support trying to hurry to the breakdown, what's happened here? A Scorched Earth forward lurches out of the ruck holding his head. Blood is pouring from his scalp, and Scorched Earth are piling into Goodheart! The ref whistles repeatedly to restore order before issuing a very stern warning to Goodheart.

looks like the league pressure is spilling onto the field! :D

• Advertisement

Won 24-0. Got a bonus point too. Delighted :)

Advertisement