Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Few quid on the World Cup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Here are the odds http://www.paddypower.com/football/international-football/world-cup-betting?ev_oc_grp_ids=36893

Thinking of putting a few quid (20 to 40 euro) on 1-3 teams to win it. What would ye recommend?
    atm im thinking France, Italy and Germany because of the good odds. Spain and Brazil are obvious favs, dont see England or Argentina winning and their odds are poor imo.

Kev,

If your prediction of France winning the World Cup comes true I will find you and punch you in the balls myself :p

My money is on Spain or Brazil , Ivory Coast as an outside bet ....if they get out of the group of death they have every chance .

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

I found this useful for trying to see who's likely to meet who in the latter stages http://www.worldcupchart.com/

If Spain and Brazil both win their groups, which - on paper - they should do, they'll avoid each other until the final. A Spain v Brazil final is 11/1.

Top goalscorers;
    Villa 8/1
    Torres 14/1
    Fabiano 12/1

Also, van Persie in an interesting one @ 20/1. The Dutch have Japan, Cameroon and Denmark in their group. With Slovakia their likely 2nd round opponents, and possibly another QF game after that. RVP takes the penalties, free-kicks from the right side of goal, and has Sniejder, van der Vaart and Robben setting him up. Could easily be up there in the scoring charts. 20/1 is good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

mixednuts wrote: »
    Kev,

If your prediction of France winning the World Cup comes true I will find you and punch you in the balls myself :p

My money is on Spain or Brazil , Ivory Coast as an outside bet ....if they get out of the group of death they have every chance .

M.

Punch me in the balls if France win:confused:
    Nobody wants France to fail at this World Cup then me mr nuts

Punch me in the balls if France win:confused:
    Nobody wants France to fail at this World Cup then me mr nuts

The notion of France winning and me placing same said bet did cross my mind for a whole 00000000.1 of a sec , that's until I got a flash back of Henrys double handball .:(

mixednuts wrote: »
    The notion of France winning and me placing same said bet did cross my mind for a whole 00000000.1 of a sec , that's until I got a flash back of Henrys double handball .:(

Im smart enough to separate my heart from my head for a soccer match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

But not smart enough to see that France won't win the WC?

baz2009 wrote: »
    But not smart enough to see that France won't win the WC?

Henry, Benzema, Anelka, Ribery. No chance:rolleyes:

Henry, Benzema, Anelka, Ribery. No chance:rolleyes:

Benzema isn't in the squad.
    Gambling fail.

Benzema isn't in the squad.
    Gambling fail.

baz you fail, they are one of the top teams at the WC, with or with Benzema.

We'll see.:)

• Advertisement

We'll see.:)

We will see, they will top their group and prob play Greece, Nigeria or Korea in the next round. So will prob get to quarter final easy. Saying they have 0 chance of winning it is stupid.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Brazil Spain final is a good shout imo. Anyone know who France are playing as their main striker? Anelka or Henry? Someone told me theyve been playing Thierry mainly in the run up games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Here are the odds http://www.paddypower.com/football/international-football/world-cup-betting?ev_oc_grp_ids=36893

Thinking of putting a few quid (20 to 40 euro) on 1-3 teams to win it. What would ye recommend?
    atm im thinking France, Italy and Germany because of the good odds. Spain and Brazil are obvious favs, dont see England or Argentina winning and their odds are poor imo.

There's a reason Italy and France are good prices......

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Also has anyone got a link to probable starting lineups for the wc? Unlikely but thought Id ask!

Lol...

But when it comes to this WC and Henry my heart and head would like to see a 2 foot tackle knee height ( from front ) on Mr Henry .
    Va Va Voom that !

(p,s) before anyone takes out the stepladder to hop on the high horse , Im joking ... 1 foot tackle would suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

have €10 on Arjen Robben to be top scorer at 66/1

crazy odds i think.

There's a reason Italy and France are good prices......

yeah afterall their history in the past few World Cups have been shocking:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jayob10 wrote: »
    have €10 on Arjen Robben to be top scorer at 66/1

crazy odds i think.

Not as crazy as 75/1 for Diego Forlan.

I predict him to bag a hattrick against France in their opening group game :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

50 on Spain

10 on Luis Fabiano top scorer

Was considering what to do with the remainding 40

Quite like the look of RVP at 20/1 and a Spain vs Brazil final at 11/1 as suggested by another poster. but should still have a little more to play around with. Any other longish shots to recommend? Is Forlan really 75/1?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'll take that bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Morzadec wrote: »
    50 on Spain

10 on Luis Fabiano top scorer

Was considering what to do with the remainding 40

Quite like the look of RVP at 20/1 and a Spain vs Brazil final at 11/1 as suggested by another poster. but should still have a little more to play around with. Any other longish shots to recommend? Is Forlan really 75/1?!

Just to give you some info RVP got an ankle injury in training after their last friendly but they are hoping he will be fit for their opening match.
    Good price for Forlan but personally im not going to back him for top scorer as i dont think Uruguay will get too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

If David Villa is fit and plays every game for Spain I'm 100% sure he'll finish top goal scorer. He's a fcuking machine for la furia roja.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

66/1 Brazil to win with Villa top scorer

14/1 Xavi for Golden Ball

Not bad prices at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm putting a ton on Holland to win it at 10/1.

Also, Van Persie as top scorer is a good shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Collie D wrote: »
    I'll take that bet

Me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm having doubts about Spain. I was going to put a good bet on them at 4s but they've gone to 7/2 now. In any case they have a pretty difficult route to the finals. Brazil, Portugal or the Ivory Coast in the second round. Italy more than likely waiting in the quarter finals. Is it really worth a decent bet at such ( poor enough) odds?

We will see, they will top their group and prob play Greece, Nigeria or Korea in the next round. So will prob get to quarter final easy. Saying they have 0 chance of winning it is stupid.

:D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Got Germany at 11/5 just minutes before the game last night :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This thread makes funny reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So I won a very small amount of money on Germany getting to the Semis on PP.COM but they won't put it back onto my CC because it is a Mastercard.

They say I have to contact them to arrange payment (a cheque I imagine). Is this the same on all main sites for MC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lost 3 bets today in Boylesports.

Bet Spain to win 2-0 9/2 Spain to win 4-0 at 20/1

Torres as first goalscorer at 4/1

gutted:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

had a fiver on Spain, Uruguay, Holland and Germany to get to the semis @ 45-1 :D

picbet.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

dorgasm wrote: »
    had a fiver on Spain, Uruguay, Holland and Germany to get to the semis @ 45-1 :D

picbet.jpg

They won't pay out the way you've written the bet mate, surely?

You said Uruguay to win, but they drew?

You'd have had to have written "to qualify."

Hopefully I'm wrong though.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

flahavaj wrote: »

Got screwed over in a similar fashion in 2006 when I had an accumulator on 2 Uefa cup games and 2 Champions League game.

Sevilla won but only AET so the bookie didn't honour it - hadn't copped onto the whole 90 mins thing back then.

I have them all to "Win Quarter Final matches". It was a special on the website, the woman at the desk went online to confirm the odds for me so she'd want to pay up haha :p

• Advertisement

I have them all to "Win Quarter Final matches". It was a special on the website, the woman at the desk went online to confirm the odds for me so she'd want to pay up haha :p

They can be c*nts about the 90 minute result thing though.

Technically speaking the winning bet in this case is Uruguay to draw and Spain, Germany and Holland to win, as a fourway. The odds that they would have taken into account to get your 45/1 would have been the odds on Uruguay to win after 90 minutes, which didn't happen.

As I said I hope thats not the case anyway mate. Let us know what happens.

Seriously hope you don't get ****ed over with the 90mins thing mate.

They can be c*nts about the 90 minute result thing though.

Technically speaking the winning bet in this case is Uruguay to draw and Spain, Germany and Holland to win, as a fourway. The odds that they would have taken into account to get your 45/1 would have been the odds on Uruguay to win after 90 minutes, which didn't happen.

As I said I hope thats not the case anyway mate. Let us know what happens.

haha oh shít, i hope I don't get raped like hat because I have already gotten drunk on that money :p

god I never even thought about that not being good enough! In future, what do you think I SHOULD have written??

haha oh shít, i hope I don't get raped like hat because I have already gotten drunk on that money :p

god I never even thought about that not being good enough! In future, what do you think I SHOULD have written??

On betfair the market is called "To Qualify" anyway.

hmmm, yeah I actually can see them raping me that way! But surely they understand "To Qualify" means the same as "Wins Quarter Final match" ! My friend had the same bet but had the slip saying "To Qualify", we had the exact same odds, surely that means we had they realise its the same bet!? Because if they don't, I will be very very depressed :(

• Advertisement

hmmm, yeah I actually can see them raping me that way! But surely they understand "To Qualify" means the same as "Wins Quarter Final match" ! My friend had the same bet but had the slip saying "To Qualify", we had the exact same odds, surely that means we had they realise its the same bet!? Because if they don't, I will be very very depressed :(

Aye true, ''To Qualify'' and ''To Win'' Techincally min the same thing.

How much did you bet on it btw mate?

Anyone see Kev_Ps3?
    :D

Aye true, ''To Qualify'' and ''To Win'' Techincally min the same thing.

How much did you bet on it btw mate?

had €5 on @ 45-1 which would give me 230 back including my stake! I thought they were great odds tbh! Ye have me worried now though that I won't get it ha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I would be highlighting the odds given to you if you have any problems, it should be possible given that your betting slip will have a time and date that the odds given to you should correspond to the correct bet, if you know what I mean :)

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I would be highlighting the odds given to you if you have any problems, it should be possible given that your betting slip will have a time and date that the odds given to you should correspond to the correct bet, if you know what I mean :)

Yeah you're dead right :) thanks for that, the only one giving me confidence that I will get what I deserve haha :D

You should have seen my buddies, shouting for Paraguay, soooo bitter that I was going to win money haha, they had only shíte bets on, made my victory all the sweeter :D

Yeah you're dead right :) thanks for that, the only one giving me confidence that I will get what I deserve haha :D

You should have seen my buddies, shouting for Paraguay, soooo bitter that I was going to win money haha, they had only shíte bets on, made my victory all the sweeter :D

How did you come up with the odds 45/1 ? Was that specific bet listed in the bookmakers? Or did you manually calculate the odds yourself?

OPENROAD wrote: »
    How did you come up with the odds 45/1 ? Was that specific bet listed in the bookmakers? Or did you manually calculate the odds yourself?

It was on the website as the odds, they had loads of specials for betting on all four Quarter final matches! It was 14-1 if Spain, Uruguay, Brazil and Argentina won, 20-1 if Spain, Uruguay, Holland and Argentina won and it was 33-1 if Spain, Uruguay, Brazil and Germany won!! But I had Spain, Uruguay, Holland and Germany to win @ 45-1 !

When I handed up the slip, she went onto the website and confirmed the odds and wrote them on the slip, surely that means they knew what I meant ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

It was on the website as the odds, they had loads of specials for betting on all four Quarter final matches! It was 14-1 if Spain, Uruguay, Brazil and Argentina won, 20-1 if Spain, Uruguay, Holland and Argentina won and it was 33-1 if Spain, Uruguay, Brazil and Germany won!! But I had Spain, Uruguay, Holland and Germany to win @ 45-1 !

When I handed up the slip, she went onto the website and confirmed the odds and wrote them on the slip, surely that means they knew what I meant ha!

noiceeee
    what monies had u on

noiceeee
    what monies had u on

Only a fiver, but I had another fiver on Uruguay, Spain, Brazil and Germany @ 33-1! I wouldn't have minded either as I would sill have gotten a pretty nice return :)

To win or to qualify ? If it was to win they work on 90 mins only, it might well be the former just going on what you have written above, when you get to this stage in tournaments you have to be very careful placing bets, as you will have win odds for 90 mins and odds that include extra time and or pens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement