If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What options? 42" LCD or Plasma

Options
  • 30-05-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

42"!!! I'm looking for a 42" now. Sorry for the mess in the title.

Thanks Kenny for the PM about the LG47LF7700.

I'll probably just travel up to Belfast to collect the TV myself or if delivery doesn't cost too much Ill use that. Hopefully it might be in stock down south anyway.

I was looking at some TVs in Currys and it's so hard to tell if they are any good. But there are some features that I like on them.

100hz or more. Because of watching football and things like that.
    USB & Divx :confused: Sounds brill but is it any use for playing movies off my USB key?
    1080p is a must.

My budget is around 700 to 999 euro. I was hoping to get one for around 800 but the ones in Currys are so bloody expensive. Most of the LCDs don't even have 100hz.

I could do with some help here. Heard lots about Richersounds so I'm going to stop stressing about buying a TV and letting you guys help me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I don't even think I need 1080p do I? :confused:

Do NPC Ireland even give us a 1080p signal? So I would pretty much be as well getting a 720p screen?

I bought a lovely stand for 89 euro today for the new TV.. :D Hope that's a good price!! Bit of an ordeal getting it.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

42"!!! I'm looking for a 42" now. Sorry for the mess in the title.

Thanks Kenny for the PM about the LG47LF7700.

I'll probably just travel up to Belfast to collect the TV myself or if delivery doesn't cost too much Ill use that. Hopefully it might be in stock down south anyway.

I was looking at some TVs in Currys and it's so hard to tell if they are any good. But there are some features that I like on them.

100hz or more. Because of watching football and things like that.
    USB & Divx :confused: Sounds brill but is it any use for playing movies off my USB key?
    1080p is a must.

My budget is around 700 to 999 euro. I was hoping to get one for around 800 but the ones in Currys are so bloody expensive. Most of the LCDs don't even have 100hz.

I could do with some help here. Heard lots about Richersounds so I'm going to stop stressing about buying a TV and letting you guys help me :)

Black,
    thanks a million for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

My best suggestion for your budget and requirements would be either:

LG 42LF7700 - a great TV - Full 1080P HD and 100Hz all included - as well as MPEG4 AND a built in Freesat HD tuner!

We can do this unit at £599.95 / €699.99 and delivery would be £29.95 / €34.99

Or:

The brand new Philips 40PFL5605h is really a superb performer - the 1st of the new generation LED TV.

Of course it is full 1080P HD TV with Pixel Plus HD for better details and clarity, Brilliant LED images with low power consumption, 100 Hz LCD, 2 ms performance for superb motion sharpness, HD Natural Motion for ultra-smooth motion in Full HD movies, 2.1 sound system for 40 W virtual surround sound excellent connectivity with 3 HDMI inputs and CEC Easylink, USB for fantastic multimedia playback, MPEG4 and it's GREEN!
    • LED is up to 40% more energy efficient than normal LCD TVs
    And they have done something radical - they have put an old fashioned power switch on it! - 0 W Power Consumption when switched off

This retails at €999.95 - if you are interested in this I'll try to do you a Boardie special - just PM us and we will do our best for you - but stock is tight!

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I love the LG 42LF7700

I just have to mention it to someone else before I say yes to it.

How do I go about buying it? Wait till it's here in dublin or something?

I love the LG 42LF7700

I just have to mention it to someone else before I say yes to it.

How do I go about buying it? Wait till it's here in dublin or something?

Black,

just drop us an email / PM with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to get you sorted,

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

angel01 wrote: »
    I have the LF7700 (37") one and the tv is well worth it, absolutely amazing tv and well worth the cash, It is also available in Argos, I got ours there. Brilliant TV and completely recommend it.

Angel,

thanks for the post - yep I agree I really like the 7700 series - I have sold 2 to close friends of mine over the last couple of weeks (so they had best be good!)

I never knock competitors - and yes Argos do sell the 42LF7700 - however they are priced at €1339.99 excluding delivery (reduced from €1701!) - I think our price of €734.95 including delivery is slightly better.

I have also checked the Argos UK price and it's £1099.99 - 45% more expensive than our price.

Anyway - keep us posted if we can assist and to conclude - where ever you buy it - it's a cracking TV!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

I was talking to Kenny earlier today on the phone. Everything went well and I bought the LG42LF7700.

I should have it delivered hopefully around Wednesday. :)

He could only take CC details over the phone and not Laser. But besides that, it was probably the easiest online/mail order purchase I ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Blackwizard.

Just a quick check to see that you got the TV and that all is well and you are currently enjoying freesat HD.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭tipper1

Dave,
    My requirements and budget, etc is similar to Blackwizard.
    Would you be recommending the same LG or any other recommendations.
    Thanks

Hi,

The TV I got is great. I can't fault it for anything.

I have standard def signal on most of the time and now and then 1080p. I watched the world cup in 1080p and it was great ( the picture quality, not the world cup )

Was just talking to someone in work about this. Sorry for the thread resurrection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Hi,

The TV I got is great. I can't fault it for anything.

I have standard def signal on most of the time and now and then 1080p. I watched the world cup in 1080p and it was great ( the picture quality, not the world cup )

Was just talking to someone in work about this. Sorry for the thread resurrection.
    You mean 1080i... the only way to feed your TV 1080p is via blu-ray or games console, so you haven't seen it's best yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Blackwizard,

Thanks for the update, the "resurrection" is understandable for that reason !

I'm closing this thread now.

Thanks,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.