If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo HTS3305 and SkyHD sound problems

Options
  • 30-05-2010 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,i bought this system yesterday but im having a big problem!
    It is connected to skyHD via optical and hdmi cable,whenever i turn the sky box off and turn it back on again there is no sound at all coming from my onkyo,i can only get sound when i turn the sky box off and amp at the plug and reboot everything,any one help out?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi martyw3442, welcome to Boards :).

I've moved your query to the Home Entertainment Forums as a general query - the Richersounds forum is for commercial interraction between Boardies and Richersounds.

I've also editted the title of your query to give people soem idea of the nature of your query.

If you bought the item in question from Richersounds, please let me know and I'll move the thread back there.

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

martyw3442 wrote: »
    Hi,i bought this system yesterday but im having a big problem!
    It is connected to skyHD via optical and hdmi cable,whenever i turn the sky box off and turn it back on again there is no sound at all coming from my onkyo,i can only get sound when i turn the sky box off and amp at the plug and reboot everything,any one help out?

Marty,

(declared interest here- I sell TV and Hi-fi)

Not sure where you bought your HTS3305 (it's an excellent systeem BTW) but if you PM us your contact details - I'll get one of my guys to give you a shout to go through the setting with you to see if we can get you sorted..

Keep us posted if we can help we will do our best!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 martyw3442

thanks for the replies,did buy the system from a RS store!
    managed to sort the earlier problem out but having a minor problem now,when the system is producing DD audio are all 5 speakers supposed to be working? i can only get a combination of A,B or AB on display of reciever. Im also unable to change speaker options when i press reciever then set up? Confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Marty,

I'm having a similar problem between a Sagem DTR 94500 (recently bought from RS) and an Onkyo TX-SR875 (bought from the now closed Alliance Electric).

I have two HDMI inputs (DVD player and Sagem box) and have double and triple checked that I have the Onkyo set up correct for HDMI.

If I power everything on, select the HDMI input for the Sagem box everything is Hunky Dory but if I switch the input to another source to watch a DVD or play the Wii etc and then re-select the HDMI source for the Sagem box the Onkyo fails to detect the Sagem signal and displays a "No Signal" message on the Onkyo LCD display instead of the normal "HDMI Through" message. I don't have this problem if I do the same excercise with the DVD player and like you if I power off the Sagem box and power it back on again it's signal is then recognised by the Onkyo amp.

What did you do to fix this annoying situation?

Ben

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

martyw3442 wrote: »
    thanks for the replies, did buy the system from a RS store!

managed to sort the earlier problem out but having a minor problem now,when the system is producing DD audio are all 5 speakers supposed to be working? i can only get a combination of A,B or AB on display of reciever. Im also unable to change speaker options when i press reciever then set up? Confused!

Moved back here......:)

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.