Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you sit the leaving cert when sitting it as a mature student?

Options
  • 30-05-2010 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Im planning on sitting my LC in Biology next year - i think i will go through Kilroys college and do it via distance learning...but im curious about where i will sit it?

I havent got a chance to ring Kilroys yet to see where i would sit it - has anyone done this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

hey, i repeated last year. I rang my old school and asked if i could sit it there, Im not sure bout kilroys but any school should let u sit the exams, u must sign a form as an external student though

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Afaik Kilroys expect you to source your own exam centre for the LC. You can register through any second level or adult education school that offers the particular subject you want to sit the exam in. Just call the relevant centre and ask the principal or director .

Also in the past Kilroys expected you to make your own arrangements to do the practical labs and experiments that are a part of the LC science courses. I'm not sure if this is still the case but it might be an idea to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

Hey.

I never studied a Science subject in secondary school. 2009/2010 I went to Plunket college (whitehall, Dublin) to study LC higher level Biology, Im also sitting the exam there this month. Classes are 2 nights a week for 1.5hours

I would definitely recommend it, best decision I made this year. The year flew by. My university/colleges interviews this year loved the fact I went back to do this course. It also give lots more course options if you want to go to college!

Advertisement