Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Combo box to go for?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Have the Edision unit ordered, and it should be here in a day or two; seems to get good write-ups generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Do you need a seperate ariel/dish for the DTT signal or does it somehow feed of the FreeSat dish? If so what dish/Ariel did you go for? I have a FreeSat system and miss RTE etc so looking to retro fit those into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

blueser wrote: »
    Have the Edision unit ordered, and it should be here in a day or two; seems to get good write-ups generally.

I gather from here, that the Edison does not play divx where as the MVision does.

But with the money you save with the Edision, you could get a nice Philips DVD player in Tesco with "ultra-Divx" support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cowengate

thanks for that, will get the dvd and im sorted.i have the edison five months now and its fantastic.just needed to know about the dvd end of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cowengate

i have a mains aerial i got in LIDL (indoor) for RTE and reception is amazing.i am just about to order a second edison combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

when did you get the mains aerial in Lidl ?
    any left

cowengate wrote: »
    i have a mains aerial i got in LIDL (indoor) for RTE and reception is amazing.i am just about to order a second edison combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Martin_F

BenEadir wrote: »
    Do you need a seperate ariel/dish for the DTT signal or does it somehow feed of the FreeSat dish? If so what dish/Ariel did you go for? I have a FreeSat system and miss RTE etc so looking to retro fit those into the mix.

I got a medium gain wideband aerial from B&Q. Attic mounted - using an active amp & splitter plus combiner/splitters to pipe the aerial signal down the sat cables to the 3 rooms in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

BenEadir wrote: »
    I assume you do need a separate aerial for the DTT channels. I got a new UHF one put up a few weeks ago (old one was failing) for €30.
    I gather from here, that the Edison does not play divx where as the MVision does.
    Thanks for the warning GK. As it happens I have an LG blu-ray player (BD350) that has the ability to play DIVX movies.

Advertisement