Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOKIA 8800 PROBLEM

Options
  • 30-05-2010 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

hey i just bought a 8800 of a friend (susposed) and when i make or take a call is turns off. when i send a txt is turns off. i've looked on other fourms and they say its down to firmware.well the software on the phone is V04.17. can anyone help. i kinda wanna kept the phone cos it looks the dogs nuts. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can update the software on the handset and see if that will fix it. The latest i think is v10. You will lose the info stored on the phone, so make a copy if needed.

you can download the software needed here: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update?8800=

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭zeemax

just got the software update and the phone is still acting up. gonna give it till tomorrow to see if charging up makes a difference.

zeemax wrote: »
    just got the software update and the phone is still acting up. gonna give it till tomorrow to see if charging up makes a difference.

Still doing the same, turning off? I wonder is it just the battery, cause they arent really that new. what did the person who sold it to you say about it?

ya turning off. he said the battery was a cheapo so i'm gonna see bout another one tomorrow in the phone shop

I would say 99% that you wont get one in a phone shop. Its an old handset and they wont have one. Your best bet to getting one would be online. It wont cost much, but would take a few days. It will also differ on which model handset you have, so make sure you check first.

• Advertisement

grand job cheers man the the info heading for ebay now

Advertisement