If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for BR5 surrounds / centre

Options
  • 30-05-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey John / Kenny and everyone else!

Been loving the system I got from you guys and its fast approaching the point where I expand it to a full 5.1 system. At the moment I'm using 2.1 with the Monitor Audio BR5 / BRW10 Subwoofer.

I'm going to be moving apartment in the next month or 2 and would like to get the system set up into the room as a 5.1 when I do that, so I don't later have to go moving a bunch of stuff around to get it done. I'll likely be getting my own place so also don't have to worry about others complaining about the setup being in the way or the noise etc. :D:D

So basically, what sort of price would I be looking at for the 2 surrounds and the centre speaker to finish off the system?

Thanks again for the info and the original sale!

GiR / Ben

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

GirRobot wrote: »
    Hey John / Kenny and everyone else!

Been loving the system I got from you guys and its fast approaching the point where I expand it to a full 5.1 system. At the moment I'm using 2.1 with the Monitor Audio BR5 / BRW10 Subwoofer.

I'm going to be moving apartment in the next month or 2 and would like to get the system set up into the room as a 5.1 when I do that, so I don't later have to go moving a bunch of stuff around to get it done. I'll likely be getting my own place so also don't have to worry about others complaining about the setup being in the way or the noise etc. :D:D

So basically, what sort of price would I be looking at for the 2 surrounds and the centre speaker to finish off the system?

Thanks again for the info and the original sale!

GiR / Ben

Ben,

Thanks for the kind comments and the post and - great you will be able to make serious noise soon!

The Monitor Audio Bronze Reference BRFX £199.95 / €229.99) and the Bronze Reference LCR (£149.95 / €169.99) are the match for the rest of your system - The retail total should be £349.90 / €399.99 - as you are an existing Customer AND a Boardie I'll happily do the system at just £279.95 / €329.99

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist or if you would like us to reserve anything for you..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GirRobot

Hey John,

Thanks for the quote!

What sort of options are there for stands for the surrounds? Living in rented places means I cannot really go mounting them on the walls :(

And also, do you guys sell anything or have any advice for keeping the cables out of the way, as again, being rented I cannot route them through the walls or anything like that.

Thanks,

Ben

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey GirRobot.

Getting stands to hold the BRFX might prove tricky due to the shape of the speaker itself.

Really the only speaker stand that we have that would be close to fitting would be the SoundStyle Z2's priced at £59.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=641&Results=true&keys=z2%20

Other that the BRFX you could use a pair of the BR1 speaker as your rears and then be able to use the Speaker stands.

Aha, didn't really think about the shape of them.

Are the BR1s likely to work well as surrounds? And if so, what sort of price would I then be looking at for the BR1s for surrounds, the centre and some stands for them?

GiR / Ben

Aha, didn't really think about the shape of them.

Are the BR1s likely to work well as surrounds? And if so, what sort of price would I then be looking at for the BR1s for surrounds, the centre and some stands for them?

GiR / Ben

Ben,

thanks a million for the opportunity to quote and apologies for the delay in my reply - I'm away at the moment with limited Web access.

Anyway I'll do you a cracking Boardie special on the BR1 / BRLCR - the 2 together should retail at £299.95 - I'll do them both at £199.95 and the Sound Style Z2i stands at £59.95 - would be excellent at £59.95 - go for them all and I'll do them at just £249.95 inc delivery.

Thanks again for the post and give us a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hey John and Co.

Sorry I didn't get around to reply to this post back then, got a bit busy and totally forgot about it. Just moved into the new apartment today \o/ so looking to get around to ordering the speakers. As it is now, I have a mixed kitchen/living room, and would be able to place speakers at the two corners of the kitchen counter (directly opposite the wall with the TV, and the listening point is about 6ft away, with the tv another 6ft away from that.)

With that in mind, the issue previously with needing a stand is no longer a problem, so I think I'll be better going for a pair of BRFX surrounds and a BRLCR. I notice you have recently had some special offers on with some BR stuff. I haven't had a good hunt through the recent postings yet, but if any of the deals listed around happen to fit those items, let me know :) If not, what would be the final price for those speakers and delivery down to cork?

Thanks again

Ben

Hey John and Co.

Sorry I didn't get around to reply to this post back then, got a bit busy and totally forgot about it. Just moved into the new apartment today \o/ so looking to get around to ordering the speakers. As it is now, I have a mixed kitchen/living room, and would be able to place speakers at the two corners of the kitchen counter (directly opposite the wall with the TV, and the listening point is about 6ft away, with the tv another 6ft away from that.)

With that in mind, the issue previously with needing a stand is no longer a problem, so I think I'll be better going for a pair of BRFX surrounds and a BRLCR. I notice you have recently had some special offers on with some BR stuff. I haven't had a good hunt through the recent postings yet, but if any of the deals listed around happen to fit those items, let me know :) If not, what would be the final price for those speakers and delivery down to cork?

Thanks again

Ben

Ben,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately I'm away on holiday at the moment with really limited web access and to make matters worse Kenny has thoughtlessly gone and burst his appendix so he is out of action as well - so we are REALLY behind answering posts but I'll make sure we catch up over the next 24 hours :o.

Anyway we do have some BR LCR Centres left that I can do on a deal - however BR FX are now really short - I can do the BR LCR at £89.95 and I think I have one pair of BRFX in Black left which have got to be ex demo & I'll do them at just £99.95 (that's half price!) -The BRLCR I have a very very few left in Cherry & Black..

If you give me a shout via post/Pm or email if you are interested in any of these I'll do my best to get you sorted,

Thanks and again apologies for the delay getting back to you.

ATB,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.