Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter Ireland Committee and Function

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Jazzy wrote: »
    oh right. all I can really say is, you dont get it, you wont get it and you dont seem to want to get it either. saying how i 'miss the point' isnt relative when you dont understand what the point is yourself fyi.

and after reading IRC just there, yeah, drama over nothing at all. get on with it, have gg's on saturday and see what the lay of the land is then

Fair enough.gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Jazzy there was a whole ****ing massive thread that went on for months talking about how something like this would need to be a community decision and dealt with properly to avoid any potential issues and everyone agreed, then all this was totally ignored and the 'committee' was implemented with no community input.

Of course that's gonna cause a problem and of course not everyone is gonna be happy about that, some more vocal about that unhappiness then others

<_<

>_>

:o

What do you mean reading IRC there, drama over nothing at all.. What did you read?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Stuff

I'm being that guy:

Who are you?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Hes the living legend that is Jazzy. How can anyone not know who he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

djjazzyjeffinbizarreclothing1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Sisko wrote: »
    Jazzy there was a whole ****ing massive thread that went on for months talking about how something like this would need to be a community decision and dealt with properly to avoid any potential issues and everyone agreed, then all this was totally ignored and the 'committee' was implemented with no community input.

and that is going to be for the better, unless of course people get overly pissy about the people running computer games competitions and social events in this country because they didnt get to vote in an online poll on boards.ie telling them that they could in the first place. you're over thinking it. dont make mountains out of molehills and enjoy the fact that there is people running these competitions for you and the others that attend, you will find that if you care less about the anal details you will have far more fun. believe me, I know :)

as for IRC - not my place to say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Snip

and that is going to be for the better

Yeah cause not consulting the community is very wise

BTW I didn't read through the whole thread so this is a misinformed post, but tbh don't get your point Jazzy, just saying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I'm being that guy:

Who are you?

im the first ever winner of a street fighter 4 competition in this country and undefeated champion :cool: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

He's saying I'm being pissy and things should be done one way even though everyone initially agreed they should be the other.

Anyone with a problem with that should stfu or leave.

• Advertisement

Last thing I read on this thread was the committee members and stuff, gonna have a read through now, then I'll give my input

Okay well even in my first post I was a little sketchy on how it would work, you can cross reference it if you like

I still believe the community should be consulted on everything and let decision making be done from there, cause it's a democracy I believe, right? As far as a committee goes like I also said in my first post, all for it, but if it takes away from collective decision making and informing and stuff, then **** it, it's just stupid

This is just an elaboration on my first post really. I agree with Sisko

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Right if people want a vote we can do a vote, no problem.

I just went ahead on my own and made the committee because I did not think anyone would actually care this strongly about how the people where chosen, I assumed after the other thread on setting up a committee came to nothing people who wanted a committee would just be happy its done and those who did not want a committee would not really care either way.

So we will do a vote on the committee in another thread and I will lock this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement