Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What sort of wheel do I need?

• 30-05-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭

Dear all,
    I recently took up cycling again after a loooooong time and unfortunately came a cropper on Friday with a car which has left my back wheel buckled beyond repair. It is actually broken at the seam and the bike cost €150 new so I reckon the wheels are cheapo ones anyway, not worth repairing.

So, I took the back wheel off and I see it has a 6 speed Shimano freewheel (as opposed to a cassette). The tyre states: (40-622) 700x38C IA-2209-26. Inside the wheel it states: HERMANNS HPM 16x622-635/28" vh9 1209-0013 180110.

I presume the last bit is a date code. I measured the diamater of the rim (excluding tyre) to be 25" but this seems an unusual size so perhaps my measurement is off (and there is no mention of 25" anywhere on the tyre or rim)

Can someone point me to a suitable replacement wheel (online). It is bolt on, not QR that I am after, cheap as possible please, the bike wasn't very expensive so don't want to spend half the cost again on a new wheel.

Edit: I undertsand that to remove the freewheel and swap it over will require a special tool, that's ok I know someone who will lend me one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

You might be as well bringing the broken one to a local bike shop. They'll swap over the freewheel and will likely be as cheap as online for that class of wheel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Cheers, will check out my local bike shop today and see what they say.

Advertisement