Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fret cut letters request

Options
  • 30-05-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello im not sure if i can post this request here but i'll give it a go anyway, im trying to do a favor for a friend making a shop sign diy style on the cheap (hopefully) and i was hoping someone in here might be able to help what im hoping to do is have some script type lettering fret cut from hardwood approx 5mm thick for the shopfront sign its a seven letter name in joint script letters i can suppy a template would anyone be interested in this as a nixer or could anyone recommend someone ? Thanks a mill Frank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I would be interesed in to doing that for you if you wanted? If you have a template all the better. Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frankie55

Hi Galwaydude, im located in Dublin, would probably better off finding someone local-ish, thanks for the offer anyway Frank

No problem. I do be up and down to dublin regularly enough working but I'm not sure when I will be up there again. Sure if you have no luck local I can send it up to you by courier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭tiocimarla

frankie55 wrote: »
    Hello im not sure if i can post this request here but i'll give it a go anyway, im trying to do a favor for a friend making a shop sign diy style on the cheap (hopefully) and i was hoping someone in here might be able to help what im hoping to do is have some script type lettering fret cut from hardwood approx 5mm thick for the shopfront sign its a seven letter name in joint script letters i can suppy a template would anyone be interested in this as a nixer or could anyone recommend someone ? Thanks a mill Frank

Probly cost cheaper to get a lad from the country to do it for ye and the price of a courior from galway to dublin included it would be the same price roughly. From previous posting and advise iv seen from the lad above he knows his stuff ye may be just as well givin him de nixer. Ders a lot less cowboys in the country:D But its up to yourself. Post the template up if ye have a photo

Thanks tiocimalra for saying I know my stuff!!! :D:D

• Advertisement

Hi Frank did you get sorted out with that since?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frankie55

Hi Galwaydude no havent got sorted yet on the letters i'll post up a pic so you can see whats needed, normal post would do as theres no hurry im doing this as a favor, i'll probly need 2 and they would be about 200-250mm on the tallest letter, i'll get a more exact size soon

cheers

and thanks for the sound advice tiocimarla

2ykx4w1.jpg

Sound sure post up them pics when you get the chance to...

Advertisement