Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stork coffee cake recipe

Options
  • 30-05-2010 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

desperatly looking for recipe for the mcdonnells stork cookbook recipe for coffee cake, evokes lovely memories of childhood birthday parties

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Stork Mc Donnels Good Food Cookbook

Coffee Cake recipe (with coffee fudge icing!)

Ingredients:
    6oz/175g Stork Margarine
    6oz/175g Castor Sugar
    3 Large Eggs
    6oz/175g Self-raising flour, seived
    1 Tablespoon coffee essence

Preheat Oven to 180 Degrees C / Gas Mark 4
    Tins: 2 x 6.5" or 2 x 7.5"

Method:

Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. 2-3 mins
    Place half of the mixture in each tin.
    Bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 mins until done (test with skewer) and cool on a wire rack.

Stork Coffee Fudge Icing
    3oz Stork Margarine
    8oz Icing sugar sieved
    1 tablespoon coffee essence
    1 tablespoon milk

Mix all of the ingredients together and beat until smooth.

To finish the cake:
    Sandwich the halves together with icing and pipe some on top. Double the icing recipe if you wish to do the top and sides.

There you go, enjoy! I use Irel for the coffee essence and playing devil's advocate, I always use butter in place of the stork :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ejomi

thank you so much, cant wait to bake it. i have to agree with you regarding the butter. we wont tell paula daly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

You are very welcome. I love my McDonnells Goodfood cookbook, all of the recipes are brilliant, good oul Paula Daly!!:D

Advertisement