Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC smart

• 30-05-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

hey all. anyone got any advice on the htc smart? was holding out for ages for a legend or desire but realised my phone needs are really sms calls and facebook. so im now looking into the smart. however can i use it as a modem i.e. tethering with my laptop?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

From what I've read it seems fine for what it does, but it's far from spectacular. I suppose if it's just texting and facebook you won't really mind if it falls short in other areas.

But, if you don't mind waiting a while, you could get the Wildfire, which looks like a very cool little phone. Its geared towards social networking so it'd probably work for you.

Better CPU speed, more RAM and ROM, bigger screen, longer battery life and it's got pretty much all of the software features the Desire has. And it's only a couple of millimeters bigger than the Smart.

Supposedly out around August...

Full specs here:
    http://www.htc.com/www/product/wildfire/specification.html

Loads of pics here:
    http://www.softsailor.com/news/27347-htc-wildfire-release-date-details-and-pics-become-available.html

I think it looks deadly.

edit: just saw the question re:tethering. Smart can't do it, Wildfire can (via USB and potentially via wireless if it gets Android 2.2)

Also, the Smart isn't an Android phone. It has HTC sense, the same as the Desire and Wildfire, but it runs on the Brew operating system which is limited compared to Android, and you won't have access to the market or any Android apps. Though again, you might not care about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Ironic name, since it's actually HTC's first dumbphone. And yeah, not Android, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Dazza Mc kenna

Its the worst phone I have every owned
    1) The battery runs out of power very quick
    2) Lots of bits have fallen off
    3) No WiFi
    4) Slow Internet
    5) It Freezes a lot
    6) A message come up saying Error Restarting, restarts and still errors
    7) A message no Sim
    8) Slow to Sent texts and slow in General
    9) Bad Sound
    10) Bad Camera, No zoom