Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher trips RCD

Options
  • 30-05-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi
    The minute we switch on our dishwasher it trips the rcd, is this likely to be a blown element or a faulty pump. Any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

rcd used to trip on my dishwasher but happened at 10 or 15 minute into the cycle it was the element.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭loadz

Thanks meath4sam but it looks like another rebel double.Did you change the element yourself, if so was it ok to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

How old is the unit? My neighbour had a washing machine, and the inlet pipe perished. it leaked water down into the machine and tripped the MCB. Could be that, but just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

it was still under warrenty so got the manufacter out to sort it but 20mins and he changed it,but as i say it was 15 min in the cylce when the element was asked to heat the water it triped so yours mite not be the element as it doesnt come on straight away.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Normally when a device that contains water trips an RCD it is due to a leak. I once found that a pipe at the back was leaking onto a socket. Pull it out and have a look before you go paying someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭travist

hi
    I have a similar problem, but even if I use an extension lead from another socket the dishwasher is tripping all the sockets downstairs the moment I power on the dishwasher. Loose wire somewhere perhaps?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

travist wrote: »
    hi
    I have a similar problem, but even if I use an extension lead from another socket the dishwasher is tripping all the sockets downstairs the moment I power on the dishwasher. Loose wire somewhere perhaps?

Possibly, but unlikely.
    See above.

Advertisement