Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multi card betting account signup scheme

• 30-05-2010 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

A colleague was telling me about this before. He just signs up to every online betting site that has a promotion on. Bets the lowest odds and whatever else it takes to get a return. All things being equal essentially doubling your money up to whatever the bonus bet limit is.

I have a few credit cards so I was thinking of doing a trawl of every site offering bonus bets. If I could clear €500 that would be very nice. Anybody do this before? Any words of caution?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

What happens when you lose a bet at the low odds?

The best way to do it is called matched betting. I've been saying it for ages it's the easiest way for anybody to get a bankroll together. Basically open an account with whoever you are going to get the bonus from. At this stage you already have opened a betting exchange account either Betfair/Betdaq.

Look at a market where the odds are similiar enough with both the bookie and the exchange (a good eg. would be an odds on fav. in a horse race).
    Back the selection with the bookie, lay it with the exchange.This is typically for a small loss.
    Receive the bonus, do the exact same thing. You are suffering small losses on theses 2 bets but the bonus that you have received more than makes up for it.
    There are tons and tons of bookies out there and it's very easy to get a few €k quite quickly using this method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

I was just going to live with the variablity of returns, probably try and spot value where I can. I can see the merits in your approach though.

You reckon a few K can be made? How many sites do you think can be worked? I'm not to familiar with any sites outside of betfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

I used to do arbing before and have at least 40 different accounts. Just go into oddschecker or somewhere like that use all those bookies or else google recommended bookies, the list is literally endless.
    Tbh, I wouldn't do it your way, why suffer through variance or indeed loss when you don't have to, with this method you are guranteeing yourself a steady stream of bonuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Just remember to take into account any exchange commission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Yeah, it should be quite easy for you to make a few k. Remember, you can also use friends' cards. (Family/girlfriend/etc.) I've done it by arbing with Betfair and it's quite easy. Make sure to look at the terms and conditions of every offer, rollover requirements can be annoying and some offers are only available to certain countries.

Instead of arbing, you could also do two offers at a time, ie. back over and under 2.5 goals at the world cup or other two-horse races, so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Just be careful if you are thinking of going for a loan or mortgage anytime soon though - any gambling transactions look bad on a card and if all your cards and accounts are littered with them, it could make it hard to get credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Cheers for the advice lads. Just read earlier about that mortgage thing, what s joke. Maybe I will pay for my house outright with hundreds of credit card signup.

Advertisement