Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost My Passport!

Options
  • 30-05-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I recently got a passport from the passport office (a two year one) and I lost it on Friday night:eek:

I have a couple of questions that I hope someone could answer.

1: will I be able to get another one (considering I was only allowed get a two year this time)

2: is there a place where somebody might hand in a found passport?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You may be issued with another one, but they look extremely dimly on what you've done. If they've given you a two year one, I assume to lost the previous one?

They'll take a "to lose one is careless, to lose two is just silly" approach. I'd recommend obtaining alternative ID, even when/if they issue you another passport

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MiCrOMaN1

Ended up getting the passport back, a security man for my building found it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭finbarrk

How come it was only for 2 years anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MiCrOMaN1

It was 2 years because I had lost so many before that:D After the two years are up you can get a 10 year again

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

So glad you got it back! Such hassle with passports these days. MIND IT THIS TIME!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Any wonder the Israelis and Americans can forge so many Irish passports if people are careless enough to repeatedly lose them. Anyone can lose a passport once........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Thank God some nigerian didn't find it.

*Nigerian man passes through customs with skirt on*

Clerk: What is your name?

Obafemi Okiwucha: Laura O Sullivan.

Clerk: Pass on through mam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement