Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effects Procesors

• 30-05-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Howdy, In the market for an effects processor, preferably an all in one solution, this has been sparked by being in a studio and hearing the eventide eclipse unit, fcuk me - unbelievable, these are pretty pricey circa €1800.

So i am wondering what do you guys use, recommend anything be it hardware or vst. I use only drum machines and synths,more analogue the better!!
    note: i am looking for a high quality unit/vst

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

UAD - http://www.uaudio.com/

The card and effects sounds VERY analog - and i've done direct comparisons with the some of the best software EQ and they don't come close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Eventide do a pedal version of the Eclipse called the TimeFactor IIRC which is supposed to be very very decent for the money.

Analog Industries' DubDelay is a tasty and very cheap little VST to get your teeth into. Similarly, they do a tap-delay called Riochet which had a lot of input from a guy who used to the presets and DSP stuff for Eventide AFAIK.

Oh, and obviously you'd want to have a gander at the PSP stuff. Even some of the Camel and OhmBoyz stuff punches well above its weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Neurojazz wrote: »
    UAD - http://www.uaudio.com/

The card and effects sounds VERY analog - and i've done direct comparisons with the some of the best software EQ and they don't come close!

Cheers man but no good, working off a macbook pro, got no connection options, was gonna go for the tc lectronic powercore x8 but i also use an rme fireface 800 and its not possible for the two to share the same bus apparently, bit of a downer!

actually think i got this wrong, apparently they daisey chain pretty well on a mac, im also looking at the ssl duende mini - anybody any experiece of them? Good for electronic music?

empirix wrote: »
    Cheers man but no good, working off a macbook pro, got no connection options, was gonna go for the tc lectronic powercore x8 but i also use an rme fireface 800 and its not possible for the two to share the same bus apparently, bit of a downer!

They do a pci express version - not sure if you have that slot, and i chain a powercore with another unit and it's fine, but not sure on the newer models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

get a uad xpander. actually i'll sell you mine for next to nothing with the plate 140, fairchild 670, and ssl 88rs included. pm me if you're interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

You could keep an eye out for something second hand.

Hardware suggestions:
    Eventide Eclipse (you've already used this, I used to own one, amazing box)
    Eventide H3000 (pretty old but still amazing, might see one on Ebay or Gearsluts)
    Ensoniq DP4

, im also looking at the ssl duende mini - anybody any experiece of them? Good for electronic music?

It's sweet :) - very, very, very nice. I've got a classic and most the upgrades for it - the xEQ even has built in analyzer.... the compressors are sublime.

I think Paul Brewer is Irelands main man for them - PM or shout on the main music production forum about them.

jtsuited wrote: »
    get a uad xpander. actually i'll sell you mine for next to nothing with the plate 140, fairchild 670, and ssl 88rs included. pm me if you're interested.

Don't have a pci slot on the new macbook, think im going with the ssl duende, hope it goes well daisey chained to the rme:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Don't have a pci slot on the new macbook, think im going with the ssl duende, hope it goes well daisey chained to the rme:o

My imac did not like daisy chaining. It's an i5 27 inch so it's an up to date imac.

I tried to daisy chain my Duet and an external drive. Caused lots of problems in Logic.

Have a good search on the internet to see if the stuff you want to dc is giving others problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement