Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house Waterford

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

deise blue wrote: »
    You are quite right , it's only common sense to find out if there are potential problems with neighbours before buying a house.

The problems arise when you seperate people into different categories i.e
    owner/occupiers and council tenants and then presume that any problems will emenate from the council tenants.

I would strongly suggest that anyone who thinks on that basis are the ones on their " high horse "

I wouldn't want to buy a house that was next to a house that was being rented out to students. Having been a student and seen how some students live, I would think it can be a nightmare to have to listen to partying half the night - especially when I am too old to attend these parties. Whats wrong with pointing out potential pitfalls?

People who own a house, live in it and have the finanical burden of maintaining it, are more likely to look after both the house and maybe also the area because they will benefit financially by doing so. This doesn,t mean that other categories of people won't look after houses and the area but it is more perhaps more likely that owner occupiers will.
    People who rent don't generally tend to have the same interest in the house they live in as an owner/occupier will unless they intend to rent the house for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭red_diesel

Anyone any opinions on Grantstown Park on the Dunmore Road? A few resonably priced houses for sale in there at the moment. Is it a good estate? Seems well maintained etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

red_diesel wrote: »
    Anyone any opinions on Grantstown Park on the Dunmore Road? A few resonably priced houses for sale in there at the moment. Is it a good estate? Seems well maintained etc.

Decent housing estate, close to amenities - family orientated!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭red_diesel

Anyone think this is good value?
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=517195

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

red_diesel wrote: »
    Anyone think this is good value?
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=517195

Looks like it to me. A 4-bedroom house in a nice estate. The price has already been dropped by €6,000 since the ad was first put up. You'd probably get it for €175k at least and I think that'd be a good price if the house is in good condition. The fact that there's only one photo wouldn't fill me with confidence though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement