Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for fitting a flatpack kitchen.

Options
  • 30-05-2010 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    Need a flatpack kitchen fitted and was wondering how much it should cost me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

gaughral wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks

How long is a piece of string??????

You aint going to get an answer from that little post.

Depends on thinmgs lkike removal of old kitchen and the size of flat pack kitchen,what exactly it is (physically wize)

Also leccy,plumbing and gas work to be done too???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Gladiator.

paddy147 wrote: »

Depends on thinmgs lkike removal of old kitchen and the size of flat pack kitchen,what exactly it is (physically wize)

Why don't you just answer properly instead of trying to be a smart-arse?
    Also don't speak in building site slang with your 'leccy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gaughral

Depends on how long the piece of string is I suppose.
    All plumbing and electrical work done, will be done.
    New fit of kitchen to new house, nothing to be removed from site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rayjdav

We got one done 2 months ago, €600. Fair size kitchen with Island and also included for big utility area. Granted, no high level units throughout but alll the same, fair amount of work for fitter and helper. He mounted the splashback and hood, 1200mm at that, and cut out for all electrics. Also, basic plumbing done, not rocket science, but it was done and properly. Was told initally that it would be near a grand, for the size of the kitchen but, as with every other aspect of my build, haggled him down. As he said at the end, "just glad of the work tbh.." Have to say also, NOT flatpack, factory assembled but happy camper with it... 4 days doing it. (Big Kitchen);)

Thanks a mill, gives me a rough guide price. Appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi,
    Thanks

Hi
    A bit more info would be great that's like saying I want to buy a car how much LOL

Gladiator. wrote: »
    Why don't you just answer properly instead of trying to be a smart-arse?
    Also don't speak in building site slang with your 'leccy'.

Who are you????
    Oh yeah,you are the chap who come in here with a bitchy post like that of your above,containing nothing but pure useless crap.

Im in the construction industry for the last 13 years and work with all trades on building sites and office blocks on a daily basis.
    Nothing wrong with saying or typing the term/word leccy.So get over it.

P.S-Go onto a bullding site for a day and see what happens to you if you try that on with any of the tradesmen on site,you would be flying through the air back out and over the building site wall before you could finish your bitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Lets leave it at that and get back on topic again please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Gladiator.

Who are you????

P.S-Go onto a bullding site for a day and see what happens to you if you try that on with any of the tradesmen on site,you would be flying through the air back out and over the building site wall before you could finish your bitching.

I worked on a building site for years, Haha!!!!
    I'm actually a qualified tradesperson.

PS No one ever got snotty with me on a building site, theres plenty of ignorant wanna be hardmen on them ,I wouldn't take any rubbish off them NO ONE would challenge me.

It's a typical mind set , 'Arghh go one to a building site and dem bleeding hard men i'll bate ye I tell ye, they're mad!!!'

Cop on and lift me 10 sheets of 25mm MDF up the scaffold pronto Biatch!!!!!!!!!

Gladiator banned for 7 days. Any more of this tripe from anyone and there will be further bans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

Hi,
    Thanks

How many units?
    Which part of the country?
    Assembly of flat pack by installer or you?

twitch1984 wrote: »
    How many units?
    Which part of the country?
    Assembly of flat pack by installer or you?

Assembly by installer, Donegal.
    27 units in total.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

Assembly by installer, Donegal.
    27 units in total.

Cheers

You would be looking at 600-1000 euro, depending on what bargaining you can do but always (remember pay peanuts and get monkeys:D)
    I have friends in the trade and they told me that normally ppl charge 25-40 euro per unit including cornice, pelmut and kickboard when pricing.

Hope this helps

Thanks a mill

For the record and also for Gladiator...........Im a telecommunications engineer.

Also labour,ers are some of the best and hardest working people on a building site,they are the people that get you your materials to and from a site, and keep a site going with regards movement of materials,so I wouldnt dare to diss-respect them or any site/construction workers for that matter,if I were in your shoes.It might come back to haunt you in the end.

Regards.:)

Thanks a mill

Best bet would be to shop around.

People are undercutting other people just for the sake of having some work to do,while they wait for their next job.

I know from speaking to the carpenter that fitted my kitchen,that he regards Ikea kitchens as the best flat pack kitchens out there.

They are exact and perfect measurment and go together very smooth and fast.

As he said to me,that the carcas of the kitchen is important and how it fits together and stays together.If its out of line or off,then so too will the doors and work top be.

For the record and also for Gladiator...........Im a telecommunications engineer.

Also labour,ers are some of the best and hardest working people on a building site,they are the people that get you your materials to and from a site, and keep a site going with regards movement of materials,so I wouldnt dare to diss-respect them or any site/construction workers for that matter,if I were in your shoes.It might come back to haunt you in the end.

Regards.:)
    Have a think about your contributions to this forum during your time off. Dont say you weren't warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cork2

Best bet would be to shop around.

People are undercutting other people just for the sake of having some work to do,while they wait for their next job.

yes shop around BUT undercutting isnt always as great as people make out. remember you get what you pay for. if your getting a very cheap price view there work!

Advertisement