Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone advice PLEASE!!

Options
  • 30-05-2010 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey all!
    Basically I'm looking for a new phone after goin through a few cheap options!
    I'm on O2 Pre pay and happy there!....I just cant justify paying 50 - 60 euro a month for an iphone!:rolleyes:
    I currently spend around 20 - 30 euro on prepay!

I need something with Bluetooth for my car kit! Not too bothered about a camera maybe a 3.0MP?! :) Just as long as its good for Facebook and easy to text with! Any good touch screen's out??
    I have around 100 - 150 euro to spend but I cant seem to find anything decent! Well that isn't pure plastic anyway!!:rolleyes:

Any help appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

think this what your looking for :)

covers all ur points :)

though cons...no multi touch or phone type keypad only qwerty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

think this what your looking for :)

covers all ur points :)

though cons...no multi touch or phone type keypad only qwerty
    eh he did say a price limit of 150 and thats over 500
    the samsung tocco lite would be good or the nokia 5530

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

smilerf wrote: »
    How about the Nokia E63 - the qwerty keyboard might not be for everyone but reviews I have read said it's great once you get used to it.

Available from o2 for €169 - just slightly over your budget.

E63

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

How about the Nokia E63 - the qwerty keyboard might not be for everyone but reviews I have read said it's great once you get used to it.

Available from o2 for €169 - just slightly over your budget.

E63

would be my choice as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Hey all!
    Basically I'm looking for a new phone after goin through a few cheap options!
    I'm on O2 Pre pay and happy there!....I just cant justify paying 50 - 60 euro a month for an iphone!:rolleyes:
    I currently spend around 20 - 30 euro on prepay!

I need something with Bluetooth for my car kit! Not too bothered about a camera maybe a 3.0MP?! :) Just as long as its good for Facebook and easy to text with! Any good touch screen's out??
    I have around 100 - 150 euro to spend but I cant seem to find anything decent! Well that isn't pure plastic anyway!!:rolleyes:

Any help appreciated!!
    Considering you spend 20-30 on prepay...

Why not change over to a HTC Desire on Meteor on the €30 p/m package, the phone itself will cost €169?

200 mins/texts and 1GB data. It has a great 5.0MP camera, brilliant Facebook integration and great to text with. In fact, I may be biased but imo it's the best phone available at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Why not change over to a HTC Desire on Meteor on the €30 p/m package, the phone itself will cost €169?

200 mins/texts and 1GB data. It has a great 5.0MP camera, brilliant Facebook integration and great to text with. In fact, I may be biased but imo it's the best phone available at the moment.

I hear that there's an app for the iPhone that lets you use your webtexts as normal texts....eirtext i think it's called....does such an app exist for the Desire??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I hear that there's an app for the iPhone that lets you use your webtexts as normal texts....eirtext i think it's called....does such an app exist for the Desire??
    Yep it's called cabbage.

It's called Cabbage, works perfectly well. I think the creator of the app is actually a member of boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

nice one guys, must look into that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

This is the best advice , i will rec this as well, desire is a lovely phone and its in ur reach as well according to dis package

• Advertisement

not with bill pay it isnt

not with bill pay it isnt
    He said he wanted to stay on pre-pay

hmmm, in 100 to 150 its very hard to find a high end phone but i can give some suggestions

HTC hero or samsung Galaxy

Hero is having 5 mp camera, very cool design and android OS 1.5 and now its getting 2.1 update that will make it best affordable device in the market, on Android marketplace, more than 60 thousand apps are available.
    U can get it in approx 150 to 180 from adverts topnotch.

Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica would be my second choice 3.2 mp camera, fast process. nice little phone

i think u can have it in 150 to 160 as well

if somebody ask me, i would go for hero but its ur choice as i like htc products but both phones are really good in terms of price , usability and features.

He said he wanted to stay on pre-pay

there's 30 p/m plans on o2 for it...i gave my suggestion that's all so take a pill and bring ur arguments somewhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭eamonntheviking

Not to thread hijack, but how would the samsung jet compare to the galaxy spice or the htc hero? These are for sale for 150 sim free on maxroam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bevvie

how about the samsung tocco lite?
    I find its quite a good phone for its cost.

Not to thread hijack, but how would the samsung jet compare to the galaxy spice or the htc hero? These are for sale for 150 sim free on maxroam.

Samsung jet is nice phone when it comes camera coz its having 5 mp (spica 3.2) other wise its no match for spica, spica is an android phone (fully established operating system) having more than 60,000 apps (more than half r free) and its having capacitive touch screen which is more responsive and less scratch able as comparable to jet's resistive

comparison

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2835&idPhone2=2965

Don't...

They are uncomparable to any Android phone. They use Samsung Touchwiz which is an embarrassment of an OS.

there's 30 p/m plans on o2 for it...i gave my suggestion that's all so take a pill and bring ur arguments somewhere else
    im not arguing im just stating what he said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭eamonntheviking

Don't...

They are uncomparable to any Android phone. They use Samsung Touchwiz which is an embarrassment of an OS.

Cheers, good to hear before I bought anything!

Offer on adverts of a htc hero, unlocked and rooted for 210, should I be able to get it for lower, or is this a good market price for the phone in good condition?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

The fact that you have to ask should be hint enough.

There are a few exceptions, but as a general rule, Samsung phones should be avoided.

Cheers, good to hear before I bought anything!

Offer on adverts of a htc hero, unlocked and rooted for 210, should I be able to get it for lower, or is this a good market price for the phone in good condition?
    200 is the average reselling price for them so yeah you're not getting ripped off ;)

i think u should offer 170 coz its a quite time that hero is the market, a bit old now when it comes to price, HTC legend is out having same spec with AMOLED screen so if u want to spend more than 200 then u should go for legend.

masker wrote: »
    i think u should offer 170 coz its a quite time that hero is the market, a bit old now when it comes to price, HTC legend is out having same spec with AMOLED screen so if u want to spend more than 200 then u should go for legend.
    The Legend sells for about €439 new :confused:

I'd say a second hand Legend sells for around €300-€310

partyatmygaff is right legend is new in the market at the moment and might be expensive, i havn't seen much reselling of lagend as well, so hero would be the best choice at the moment as it started to get 2.1 update all over the world:cool:

Advertisement