Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancellara Engine Conspiracy....You Decide!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Junior wrote: »
    Some American bloggers have way too much time on their hands but there is some real interesting science behind this post and well worth a read

http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2010/06/anatomy-of-cancellara-attack.html

Tom posted that yesterday. :)

I think it would have been easier to just ask Fabian for his stats. It's not like he's keeping his performance potential hidden under a rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Missed that ! I'll go and sit on the repost step for a while ! You can tell me when to come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭paulieb2006

Would the motor and batteries not compromise the fame? On Paris Roubaix and Tour of Flanders the cobbles would have shook the crap out of them inside the frame. Cant imagine that been too good for an Spec SL3.
    Has to be rubbish, doesn't it, tell me its rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

It's rubbish, paulie, absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

First of all it's getting bit frustrating to witness all scandals going on in cycling - which is a great sport after all. Even my GF got hooked up when I was watching Giro every day. Especially she liked Maglia Rosa, guess it's her color.

Second thing is if any of this stuff is true, what impact would it have on the team itself and relations with sponsors and most of all who actually pulls the strings when it comes to any sort of cheating. Mr Landis said he did that himself, nobody forced him etc etc. But I dont believe anyone within the team would be able to hide all the stuff they sometimes do.

I mean there are big bucks involved and many respectable companies who put their good name at stake.

It's just bit sad and dissapointing, but then again maybe when one becomes a pro the way of thinking changes about their own goals, team aspirations and ways of getting there.

omri wrote: »
    First of all it's getting bit frustrating to witness all scandals going on in cycling...

There is no scandal here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Obviously im not reffering to this one. More general thoguht of last few years..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boardman-warned-the-uci-of-risks-of-bike-doping

Former professional talks about benefits and risks of motorised bike
    Former professional rider and now successful bike manufacturer Chris Boardman has revealed he warned the International Cycling Union about the risk of motorized doping last year and provided the sports governing body with information on how teams could massively boost their riders' performances.

RobFowl wrote: »
    Former professional talks about benefits and risks of motorised bike. Former professional rider and now successful bike manufacturer Chris Boardman has revealed he warned the International Cycling Union about the risk of motorized doping last year and provided the sports governing body with information on how teams could massively boost their riders' performances.
    UCI President Pat McQuaid has played down the possibility of riders using bikes fitted with hidden motors. "This is a story that has gone around the world like wildfire. Whereas there is no foundation for it," McQuaid told the Associated Press.

The UCI is reported to be holding a meeting with bike manufacturers on Monday to further investigate the suspicions.

Pat McQuaid, huh? Imagine that.

It really is an almighty coincidence that a technology that's been around for a couple of years should make the headlines right at the same time as the Landis allegations.

It's almost as if the UCI are using it as a diversionary tactic.

"Landis, Landis, Lance, Pat...oooh look - a mechanical cheating machine! Lets investigate that....it's OK, nothing to see here. Now, what were we talking about. Oh yes, the Tour de France".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lumen wrote: »
    Pat McQuaid, huh? Imagine that.

It really is an almighty coincidence that a technology that's been around for a couple of years should make the headlines right at the same time as the Landis allegations.

It's almost as if the UCI are using it as a diversionary tactic.

"Landis, Landis, Lance, Pat...oooh look - a mechanical cheating machine! Lets investigate that....it's OK, nothing to see here. Now, what were we talking about. Oh yes, the Tour de France".

At least Pat was preceded by Verbruggen so is an improvement on him....

Although UCI policy seems selective to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Red Herring

Interesting angle over on redkiteprayer.com

Implying that this is an almighty red herring to detract from biological doping (maybe by FC?).
    As always worth a read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

Why not just ban all integrated electronic componentry on bikes? Who needs Di2 anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

:D:D:D:D

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72264&start=3555
    As they said the Hamster must be dead.

must resist the temptation to joke about hamsters and drugs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭paulieb2006

bcmf wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72264&start=3555
    As they said the Hamster must be dead.

Always thought there was something about Tom Boonen. He has the past form with the chalk and stuff;););) Maybe the hamster is his dealer?

Seriously though do people think that Team Saxo Bank, or probably more importantly Specialized would run the risk of this. It would do untold damage to their brand name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

I propose we close this thread immediately as we are only aiding distraction from REAL biological doping! The timing of this story is far too coincidental for it not to be a red herring thrown into the rumour mill by the UCI/Lancecorp. Ltd./any pro-teams a bit scared of some proper investigating/all of the above.

If we're not allowed talk about Landis and Lance, then the least we could do is not let ourselves get distracted by media trickery. Lets keep the focus on the real cheats!!!

I noticed that little or nothing was mentioned on Sky News when the Landis story breaks (vested interests with their new pro team perhaps???), but it seems every media source in the world latched onto this ridiculous (if not entertaining story). And lets not get started about Eurosports "head in the sand" policy on talking about the big "D" word.

From now on i plan on getting my cycling news from Al Jezeera!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It's rubbish, paulie, absolute rubbish.

BELIEVE
    bcmf wrote: »

No jokes about Stephen Gately, please,

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Was wondering about a DIY version for myself, then spotted this at the National Bike Fest in Killarney today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Perfect for commuter racing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

apologies if already posted

http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2010/06/anatomy-of-cancellara-attack.html

Edit scrap it already posted doh...........I'll get my coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

CramCycle wrote: »
    BELIEVE

No jokes about Stephen Gately, please,

I don't think this kind of thing is necessary.

Advertisement