Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June bank holiday weekend

Options
  • 30-05-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭

I know that it is too early even to check the forecast, but I would like to go for one day to the west coast to search board and wet suit renting services. Could you recommend what would suite a lame beginner? I've been already to Tramore, Lahinch (always crowded) and Inishcrone (my favorite place).

Obviously, I don't read the charts to understand what is good in which locations, star marking is my only lead so far.

Thanks in advance. By the way, I will most likely take my camera with me, so if there are very good conditions somewhere, please, let me know too, I would like to take some more pictures. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

If your going to be renting a foamie and wetsuit then does it really matter where you go? Go to your local or the popular areas where they do rentals. Anywhere in the west should be good this weekend ;)

If you want good pics then go along the coast looking for spots where the pros are surfing.

Where ever you do go, get there early to beat the crowds and have fun! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I've been to Inishcrone and Easky the previous weekend and it was flat as my belly (when I am lying on it).
    Early start is the only way forward. Especially when I don't understand the influence of tides on swell :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

http://www.thesurfingsite.com/Surf-Conditions.html

Basic info there. Theres a whole lot more to it than that but it should be good to start with.

Advertisement