Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose peircing?

Options
  • 30-05-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

I'm concidering getting my nose peirced, how do you know if it'll suit you though? :/
    I've got kind of a small face, so maybe not?
    Anyone have theirs done? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Moved from tLL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Ah, thank you :D

I'm new at this...didn't really know where to put it :/ sorry!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Ah, thank you :D

I'm new at this...didn't really know where to put it :/ sorry!

Hope you mean the thread and not the piercing!

Hahah, yes the thread!
    I'm pretty sure I know where my nose is... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'm of the opinion, if you want it done get it done :)
    If you are unsure hold off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I got mine done at 24 years old. I thought if i didn't get it done then I never would. I am glad I did it, I'm sorry I didn't when I was younger. have it 2 years now. The size of your face doesn't really matter because you can get tiny studs if you like.

Where are you? If Dublin, then you should go to snakebite. They're brilliant, even when you're incredibly wussy like me :o

Yeah, I'm in Dublin...was temped to just go to Georges Arcade, because they're cheap, and I'm quite broke at the mo, but they use a gun, so the hole would be bigger, so maybe not.

I've heard Snakebites really good and that the people are really nice, so it's probly worth the extra moneys

And I am quite wussy too :P
    I nearly passed out when I was with my friend getting her belly button done!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

I've heard it's also important to know what kind of piercing you want. Studs fit almost anyone but nose rings don't.

I've heard it's also important to know what kind of piercing you want. Studs fit almost anyone but nose rings don't.

Really? I thought you could just stick a ring in where the stud went too...hmm..I wouldn't say I'm a nose ring girl though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I always thought i'd love a nose ring, but got pierced with a stud 2 years ago and love it!

It's a very easy piercing to heal (loads of cotton balls soaked in warm water/sea salt solution compressed to piercing!) and it looks really cute.

It's not that obvious, but stands out enough to look nice.

I got mine in Wildcat in Stephen's Green - great service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I think nose piercing look well on pretty much anyone. And with the a HUGE range of jewellery for them, you're bound to find something that suits.

A freind of mine got her nose pierced last week in georges arcade for the same reasons as you OP. They used a gun, and when I saw it it was all red, and looked to be pierced too low. Didn't look too great.

• Don't get it in George St arcade!!! And not with a gun!! Seriously, guns are not sterile and not designed for nose piercings. Wait until you can afford to have it done properly, it's worth it. As for if it would suit you, perhaps you could try one of those little stick on gems for kids? It sounds silly but you'll get a good idea of what it would look like. They do suit most people though, IMO.

[quote=[Deleted User];66169733]As for if it would suit you, perhaps you could try one of those little stick on gems for kids? [/QUOTE]

Nobody laugh...but i tryed putting a tiny sequin thingy there to see if it would look nice :P

It was nice :) ...I think
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

There ya go then.
    Do take the other half of izzy's advice too. Guns are bad enough piercing ears, let alone anything else. I think there's a horror thread floating around here as to the why they are so bad

Okey dokey...thanks :D

I'll wait till I've enough money to go to snakebite or somewhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Got my nose pierced with a gun in a place in Temple Bar over 15 years ago and still like it (I´m 30). Regret getting it done with a gun though as the hole is quite big. Okay if ´m wearing a stud, you wouldn´t notice but if I´m not (e.g. for work) it doesn´t look great so definitely wait. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

I've been reading that the nose is a particulary bad piercing to heal. Has anyone had any bad experiences with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Okey dokey...thanks :D

I'll wait till I've enough money to go to snakebite or somewhere :)

It's only €25 in wildcat in stephens green :) I think it would suit you so just go for it.

Advertisement