Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cubase, vst effects, I'm confused!

Options
  • 30-05-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

I never could quite work this out and it's doing my head in.

OK, I want to add effects on the fly to a midi channel, say for example reverb.

When I edit the midi chan, I get a drop down menu starting with "Arpache 5, Arpache SX ... etc". Now I can add these to the track and that's fine. But when I import a WAV into cubase I seem to be able to add all the types of effects that I want, e.g reverb, delay, flange etc.

So, I left thinking that one way of doing it, is to export the midi as wav, re-import it and then add the effect I want ... but surely I'm missing something here!? I've been through some of the instructional vids too but I'm just a tad lost!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

messymess wrote: »
    I never could quite work this out and it's doing my head in.

OK, I want to add effects on the fly to a midi channel, say for example reverb.

When I edit the midi chan, I get a drop down menu starting with "Arpache 5, Arpache SX ... etc". Now I can add these to the track and that's fine. But when I import a WAV into cubase I seem to be able to add all the types of effects that I want, e.g reverb, delay, flange etc.

So, I left thinking that one way of doing it, is to export the midi as wav, re-import it and then add the effect I want ... but surely I'm missing something here!? I've been through some of the instructional vids too but I'm just a tad lost!

The audio from whatever item you are sending midi to - does that appear on a channel in cubase? or if you can route it back in (via a recording channel) then you could apply the audio effect (the VST) to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

OK, I'm an idiot. Why scrolling down to the "VST Instruments" channel didn't occur to me I don't know. Worked it out now, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

messymess wrote: »
    OK, I'm an idiot. Why scrolling down to the "VST Instruments" channel didn't occur to me I don't know. Worked it out now, thanks :)

Heh, I had the same problem way back when.

Advertisement