Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Perth

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Im in Perth now, its ****e. Wish I hadnt bothered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CatchLight

CiaranC, why do you say that? What makes it ****e??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

CiaranC wrote: »
    Im in Perth now, its ****e. Wish I hadnt bothered

Well I beats the ****e out of Tallafornia. My kids might just get to 18 with a fully functioning brain and a prospect of a job. My only complaint is thats its too far from relatives, but if it got any nearer the scangers would be robbing my car and burning it out back in Jobstown... So personally I dont want to go back.. Only hope my Mrs settles in soon or she will drag me back by the ear.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

Mickeyie05 wrote: »
    wit a degree in quantity surveying do i have a good chance of gettin some work even in construction or in the mines do people think???

I dont think you will have too much problem getting sorted... In 2 years, I havn't met anybody yet who has had difficulties getting a job....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mickeyie05

Uuuh Patsy wrote: »
    I dont think you will have too much problem getting sorted... In 2 years, I havn't met anybody yet who has had difficulties getting a job....

Good to know i dont tink i wud get a labouring job cos im quite small but id give it a go if i was given the chance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cerey

CatchLight wrote: »
    CiaranC, why do you say that? What makes it ****e??

CacthLight: Regardless of what the touchy folk are sayin on here, trying to defend Perth, Majority of people will tell you that Perth is not a great (fun) place to live....obviously depends on what you are looking for...before everyone starts jumpin down my throat, take a chill pill and deep breaths :eek: it wil be okay :p

Perth is fine for a couple of months. Have to admit I had a ball when i first arrived, but that was purely because of the hostel and party folk in it and partly because i was in a constant state of drunkeness and didnt realise my surroundings :p

After you settle, start work, find a place to live, do all the touristy stuff etc etc etc, theres not much left to the place. It lacks life for me....compared to all other cities in Oz.

No one should tell you where to go and not to go. You need to just take a chance on these places and see what happens...diff strokes for diff folks and all that.

As regards to the farm work, loads a work goin all over Oz!!! Just google your local agency and they will sort you out. Its not easy work, in fact long hours and tough days but if you want to earn good money fast, this is the way forward, plus it counts for your second year visa

Best a luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cerey

kazza90210 wrote: »
    Cerey its not that difficult to catch a plane to the east coast, just go online and book one!

I have done thanks for that advise..i should pay you!! baking myself on the Gold Coast with my millions earned from blood work in Perth....mhawhahahahahaha

Righto Cerey, I see what you mean. I've taken a chance on Perth in the hope that I can earn some money initially! When I make enough, I might join you on the Gold Coast!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 giblet9000

I am interested in getting a job in the mines but i am not skilled in this area I am quailified architectural technologists i have been looking for mining jobs online but can only find jobs for skilled workers required. I am traveliing to perth at the end of september and would like to get in contact with some employers before i leave what would be the recommended best approach?

Hello again!

Just wanted to see if anyone heading to Perth on this thread has any updates that they want to share?

It's not too long before I head off myself. Trying to get a bank account sorted and some form of accomodation for the first few days. The hotels are pretty expensive so I think I'll be sticking to hostels. Although I think you need an address to get a bank card so I'm not too sure how that is going to work.

Any tips on getting your life to fit into a 70 litre bag? :)

Has anyone gotten sorted with a job yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

anyone managed to get an i.t job in perth? is there much around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

CatchLight wrote: »
    Any tips on getting your life to fit into a 70 litre bag? :)

Roll your clothes instead of folding.

Put your socks INTO your shoes.

Good ideas there Mackman. Thanks.

Advertisement