Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stole my clothes!!!!

Options
  • 30-05-2010 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hay guys..
    I need some help. I hope iv posted this in the right place:confused:

Well anyways...im from cork and there was this shop called the "Pre-loved Botquie, where you bring you'r unwanted used clothes. The owner of the shop <snip> took the clothes and give you the price she would sell them at the the profit she would make and i would make. She told me to ring her in 3weeks to see if they were sold of not.

I randgher 3weeks later and there was she didnt anwser her mobile, so waited another few days and still she wouldnt answer, tryed a week later and the phone was off!! so went up to the city on my day off work and the shop had closed down, and she had returned back to dublin!!! and no sign of my clothes...she just took them and never tryed to contact me or anything..:eek:

I no these clothes i gave her i wasnt going wearing but still she just took them without my premission!!! i gave her 3tops..4 dresses and several pars of shoes!!

What should i do...??
    Thanks guys.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Take it on the Chin.

You gave her the clothes. You should have got money off her there and then.
    Not much you can really do, do you have a receipt for what you gave her?

You could find her and try and get the clothes back (but do you even want them?)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,544 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Unless you know where she is in Dublin I think you are going to have to put this down to experience. How did you find out she had returned to Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

she just took them and never tryed to contact me or anything..:eek:
    I no these clothes i gave her i wasnt going wearing but still she just took them without my premission!!! i gave her 3tops..4 dresses and several pars of shoes!!

She didn't take them, you gave them to her. If the shop went out of business, you'll have to deal with a liquidator. How do you know she's gone to Dublin, or anywhere for that matter, or that she took your clothes with her. They could be still in the shop, or in storage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 frostyfeet087

I dont tink i should be taken this on the chin!! i gave her my clothes on the note that she was to sell them and both of us got money from them! there was nothing saying that she can up and leave with them. Also yes i no she has gone back to dublin as on her shop window it said returned home and mobile number...but she wouldnt answer this mobile number and then turned it off permently! there is a new shop open there now, so i doubt there still there, and whay would she keep them in storage.

Yes i have the receipt that she gave me, and maybe no i dont want the clothes but what give's her the right to close up shiop and not to nofiy me about where they are??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I pass that shop in Dublin (Baggot Street) most days, so if you want can see if I can find a number for the shop.

Thanks for the heads up, as was going to drop some clothes in there, going to bring them to Oxfam instead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

i was going to the same but not now me thinks the cancer society shop would be better

ya if you can get the number that would be great!! Thanks a million!!:D
    Ya i defo wouldnt advise you to bring your clothes there unless you dont want them back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

The shop on Baggot Street is called Wear it again, and then says underneath that pre-loved clothes, so not sure if it's the same one after?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Ya i defo wouldnt advise you to bring your clothes there unless you dont want them back!!

Wasn't that the whole point, you didn't want them back?

I know you wanted to make some money when she sold them but if you were that bothered about making money, you should have put them on ebay. If you feel strongly enough that she stole your clothes, then contact the gardaí.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yawns wrote: »

I know you wanted to make some money when she sold them but if you were that bothered about making money, you should have put them on ebay. If you feel strongly enough that she stole your clothes, then contact the gardaí.

Please don't waste Gardai time on something so pointless, its a civil matter in fairness so Gardai won't care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yawns wrote: »

No....as the OP explained, the shop sells them on and takes a share of the profit. It's usually designer/vintage stuff they sell on. The OP has definitely been ripped off, no doubt about it.

Yes etho_ this was my whole point in selling them, was to make a profit..unfortunatley some people just cant be trusted!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Well should you ever get them back or want to do something in the future may I point you to ebay or adverts or any number of sites. It would make it easier and you'd get more of the money.

I know it doesn't help you now but I don't think there's a lot you can do short of turning up at the other shop in Dublin and giving out stink about it.

Advertisement