Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

muppets using xboxlive????

• 30-05-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭

hi was looking at my rep on live and it says 60 % preferred me or didnt submit a review about me and 40% avoided me???? looked further into it and it says 50% out of those that avoided me said i quit early??? i never do that ask anyone here who has played me online if im getting beat then i take my beating and learn from it.

and 50% of those that avoided me said i was disruptive??? i dont even use the mic if im playing strangers on live!!!!

now who monitors this service? i think when ya beatr someone say at fifa they can get thick and post up bogus crap about you!

i honestly dont care about achievements or gamer points i just love gaming thats why i never quit early!

is this happening to anyone else?:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've 0% DNF in FIFA & World Cup (which are 2 of the only games I play online, except RDR today for the first time), and 40% of the people who "avoided" me, said I quit early.

I'm sure everyone is the same. Rep means nothing really, so I couldn't give a rats ass tbh. Its there to be abused, and abused it will be. Not worth worrying about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

When I first got an xbox I played Call of Duty with my brother.
    We went online and sure enough, were identifed as Irish.
    The culchcie bogger accent didn't help :pac:

Had players from the UK commenting on "potato-eaters" and paddies and bombers and and so on.
    Strangely they didn't comment when they were informed the 7/7 bombers were English.

Now, I'm no weakling and have worked in Belfast and Yorkshire and got on great with everyone.

But I never got such hateful comments as on Xbox Live, tbh I play Madden online and that's it. Never played COD online again

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

The main reason I think people avoid you is, if you're better than them as there's less of a chance of being matched up against that person, so they just choose to avoid you.

So when people go into the rep options they're probably not goin to pick the option that says "highly skilled" or whatever it is, as they would be admitting that you're better than them, instead they just pick "quit early" or "disruptive".

Thats my 2 cents anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've never even used that avoid / prefer thing , I must check mine.

But it's not worth a damn, people will use it if as said they don't like the fact you are irish or you whopp their ass etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Haha don't worry about it mate, mine is bordering the "40% preferred you" mark. I tend to fight fire with Volcano, so it's I'm lucky to even have that much. It doesn't affect anything and afaIa You can't be suspended or banned from it. And if you can, well microsoft will be recieving my litigation straight away :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Definitely can't be suspended for it, one of my mates has 15% preferred, although, thats probably justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Submitting a Player Review will not get you a ban It makes it less likely to end up playing with them again.

However if you have enough complaints filled against you can end up with a ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Definitely can't be suspended for it, one of my mates has 15% preferred, although, thats probably justified.
    Evolute wrote: »
    Submitting a Player Review will not get you a ban It makes it less likely to end up playing with them again.

However if you have enough complaints filled against you can end up with a ban

If there are a lot of bad reviews for communication , it can lead to a suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I got bad reviews for being abusive and unsporting.

First of all I've never used the mic in all my life and never sent abusive messages to anyone so yeah and unsporting, I don't know why. Probably kicked someone ass :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I'm 75% avoided and 25% preferred. :pac:

I do admit to sending some messages to nuke boosters though lol but I got some reports on trash talking and quit early. I rarely use my mic unless with friends and I never quit early, I actually hate people who do that but I do understand they could have been invited to party etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

At this stage I usualy avoid using the mic unless I'm talking with friends.

If I wanted to listen to prepubescent American kids whinning I'd..........well I'd kill myself to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Fear not, I'm pretty sure I'm 98 - 100% avoided.

It seems I hurt a lot of feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Had players from the UK commenting on "potato-eaters" and paddies and bombers and and so on.

I had the same experience while playing Gears of War 2 but it wasn't quite as bad as yours. These 2 british fools on my team just kept on calling me an "Irish bastard" throughout the whole match. I revived one of them, and instead of getting a thank you, he just continued calling me that.

Maybe it was because I owned them good a couple of times in the previous match :P

And TS don't worry about it, I'm 60% preffered and 40% avoided too. Just as others have mentioned, those people might just want to avoid you because your just too skilled for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

jamescd wrote: »
    I had the same experience while playing Gears of War 2 but it wasn't quite as bad as yours. These 2 british fools on my team just kept on calling me an "Irish bastard" throughout the whole match. I revived one of them, and instead of getting a thank you, he just continued calling me that.

Maybe it was because I owned them good a couple of times in the previous match :P

And TS don't worry about it, I'm 60% preffered and 40% avoided too. Just as others have mentioned, those people might just want to avoid you because your just too skilled for them.
    Why didn't you do the mature thing and teabag while he bled out? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

He was right next to me when he went down, so I immediately pressed the X button. Didn't even notice the name until after I had revived him lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I've the exact same rating (60-40), and about the only thing I play is GoW2-Horde. I don't use a mic, and if I have to leave early, which I really try not to, I go at least until the next set of 10 rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Hmmm, haven't checked mine in a while but the numbers weren't good. I couldn't care less though.
    Normally if I'm going to net rep someone it's because they're boosting, or just being a Cnut over the mic. I'd usually pick the unsporting conduct option since it affects their rating rather than just avoiding them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭raheny red

How do I find out my rep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Press the guide button > scroll all the way to the right > select Profile > select View Rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i spend a year playing nothing but halo 3 online.. with three other mates, we're all pretty damn good.

Im currently on 70% avoidance... it used to be 80%...

I blame the rediculous amount of slagging anyone ever recieved when they played us...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

when you hand out and ass kicking people just avoid you, they can select the option 'skill level too high' but it's easier just to pick disruptive or quit early. Though if they do select 'skill level too high' it doesn't show up in the details as to why you've been avoided.

73% of people have avoided me,

4% trash talk.
    2% language.

4% aggressive.
    52% unsporting (OMG CAMPER).
    10% quit early.

Which means,

28% of people avoided me for being too good.

But yeah, Rep is useless, but what ever you have preferred, is just your friends, so with 53 friends being 27%, that means ~143 people have avoided me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

...........We went online and sure enough, were identifed as Irish.
    The culchcie bogger accent didn't help :pac:..............

I was called a pikey before:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Set up live today and iv got 100% avoidance because iv beaten a lot of people at pro evo. 100% is fairly impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

How do you look at these statistics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I normally avoid people whose connection is terrible, but as there is no option for "Tin Can and Piece of String Broadband", I just select Quit Early.

Advertisement