Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMods & Private Forum Access Bug

Options
  • 31-05-2010 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

It has come to my attention that in Modutils (2.0.17), there is a slight bug :cool:

Seems HMods cannot 'ban' or 'clear permissions' of a fellow HMod on a private forum.

Of course, this also means that they cannot 'allow access' for a fellow HMod either.

So for instance, as an example mind ..

Some Homer Simpson type HMod (;)) were to remove their own permissions to a private forum in error, then there would be no way for them to regain access other than to contact Admin :o

As, although it is possible for HMod to remove their own permissions, they are unable to restore them themselves and neither can any of their other fellow HMods.

If they try, apparently they get the following error:

Modutils750.jpg

Best solution I feel would be to make it impossible for HMods to be able to make that error, as it is bound to happen sooner or later.

Accident just waiting to happen, prevention is better than cure and all that.

I can haz access to CAFC?
    :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Lol :)

As far as I know it has been that way for a bit.
    But sure it would be a question for Ross to answer tbh.

Oh yeah. Your access granted again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Thanks Sparky ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Congratulations, you've discovered the Darwin bug! You have been specially selected!

It's one of those bugs that's been knocking around for a while, I'd fix it but the entertainment value has proven time and again to be more rewarding :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Trust Pete to think "Ooooo let's see if I can remove myself! I'll just get one of the others to let me back in if it all goes tits up anyway. I bet it wont work. Sure we can't put ourselves on our own ignore list so why would they let us remove our access to our own forum?"

*Click*

"OK lads, let me back in."

"Eh, we can't."

:D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement