Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBCRI Sex & the City party

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

biko wrote: »
    So which is your favourite character?
    Horse, Slut, Prude or Redhead?

/bans self

Prude is the best-looking by far, the others look too caked in make-up, old and leathery by now, ginger hasn't aged too badly but she's ginger

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Yeah, I love Charlotte, she is so cute, preppy and innocent... can't believe the woman is 45!!! :eek:

So, the SATC movie/party package turned out to be glossy but vapid, not much substance behind the hype kind of thing... hmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

so your getting your wedding ring in tiffanys and bringing up the R word cos you feel like you got ripped off at a charity event !

poor you

I will be looking at that ring for the rest of my life....and I am getting a loan for it, dont begrudge that! At least I am WORKING for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Did your fiance rim you afterwards at least?

ScumLord wrote: »
    The thought of a room full of classy ladiees horsing into packs of taytos has me in stitches.. It's like a farmers wet dream, all it's missing is the hang sangwedge.

I'm aDub and find that hilarious!! Hahah! Nice bit o hang and all crisps are called taytos no matter what brand...oh the bogger folk!

• Advertisement

Did your fiance rim you afterwards at least?

Very classy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I will be looking at that ring for the rest of my life....and I am getting a loan for it, dont begrudge that! At least I am WORKING for it!

I have nothing to comment, I think that says it all. Funniest thing I heard all day.

I have nothing to comment, I think that says it all. Funniest thing I heard all day.

Typical country persons reaction!....Typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Typical of what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wily minx

biko wrote: »
    wily minx, thanks for registering only to set things straight.

You are very welcome, although you imply I have some agenda, I don't, just an opinion. Long time reader, first time poster, that is all. We all have to start somewhere! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

wily minx wrote: »
    You are very welcome, although you imply I have some agenda, I don't, just an opinion. Long time reader, first time poster, that is all. We all have to start somewhere! ;)
    We're still calling bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 unachicagilmore

I went to the event with four friends and we had a great, fun Friday night with cocktails(2 each), canapes, decent cupcakes, a package of crisps and lots and lots of laughs. Really great atmosphere. Two of the girls who came straight from work even had their hair done! But we were there for the craic and the experience more than the swag...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

country person? typical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Ohmygoodness!!! I was in bad form but this Thread has picked me up immensely !!! I'm laughin' away here to myself! No offense to any poster intended, but it's just ridiculous, we're such whingers !!! Whingers United!!! :):p:pac:
    :D:D
    A Tiffany ring is far more of a rip off than anything else mentioned in this thread tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

whats your point about WORKING for it ?

if you like the ring you like the ring but at the end of the day it's all metal and it's the symbolism behind the ring and not the designer that made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Best website ever:

EDIT: Also if the op want to buy a ring from tiffanys you are you tell her otherwise, we all spend money on stuff that other people wouldn't .... my vice is spongebob memorabilia :)

We're still calling bull****.

'We'??? Are you cynical lot all sat in a room together?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

wily minx wrote: »
    'We'??? Are you cynical lot all sat in a room together?? :p

Yep, drinking watered down cosmopolitans.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Remember, don't drink before you decide what to wear!

satc-movie09-1-22.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm aDub and find that hilarious!! Hahah! Nice bit o hang and all crisps are called taytos no matter what brand...oh the bogger folk!

Bitching about a charity event and dismissing Galway city people as a bunch of boggers.

Well you seem like an absolute lovely person.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

I think its funny when Dubs call the rest of the country "boggers".
    Born in the UK, lived in London, Manchester, Oxford and other cities....you're all boggers to me!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

paulhannon wrote: »
    Born in the UK, lived in London, Manchester, Oxford and other cities....you're all boggers to me!!!:)

You do understand the north/south divide in the uk?

Bitching about a charity event and dismissing Galway city people as a bunch of boggers.

Well you seem like an absolute lovely person.

Oooooh, did I touch on a sensitive spot?...sorryyy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

fwiw, OP, and I'm being honest and constructive - I think the best thing you could possibly do would be to stop posting in this thread. you've sunk too low to save yourself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

This has to be the funniest thread ever, The NBCRI are legends for the Bag of crisps...
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

paulhannon wrote: »

Nobody asked you to come over here:mad:

Nobody asked you to come over here:mad:

Ah some good nights in Cuba cause of him.. We'll let him off. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Oooooh, did I touch on a sensitive spot?...sorryyy!

Nah, I'm a Dub by birth, grew up in Oxford/Brussels and currently live in Leuven so I'm probably the anti-bogger. I do find it amusing that you call city-folk "boggers" though.

However, your comments are extremely arrogant. Claiming to be struggling for cash (while buying a Tiffany ring), bitching about a charity event and dismissing those who refuse to give you sympathy as a bunch of boggers will win you no friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Nah, I'm a Dub by birth, grew up in Oxford/Brussels and currently live in Leuven so I'm probably the anti-bogger. I do find it amusing that you call city-folk "boggers" though.

However, your comments are extremely arrogant. Claiming to be struggling for cash (while buying a Tiffany ring), bitching about a charity event and dismissing those who refuse to give you sympathy as a bunch of boggers will win you no friends.

I wouldn't bother defending myself against someone who obviously thinks SATC is a doccumentry about their lives! That and the username is hilarious!

Advertisement